Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread: English 2.38.2 Update Notes - Tuesday December 16 2014

Hybrid View

English 2.38.2 Update Notes - Tuesday December 16 2014

New Features and Content
    • Christmas is here, and that means the Grintcha has returned to Ardent to spread his own unique style of Cheer and Joy. This time he has brought some of his cronies with him.

Improvements

• The color of Whisper was changed to make it more distinct from moderator chat.
    • Necklaces that boost condemn will no longer drop, only necklaces that contain the actual spell will now drop.
    • Pumpkinize should no longer upset citizens of ardent
    • New "Particle Clipping" and "Light Clipping" advanced graphics sliders for adjusting when particles and lights stop showing.
    • Graphics: The "Object Distance" and "Mob Distance" options in Advanced have been changed to "Object Clipping" and "Creature Clipping" and are now based on pixel screen size. Also, object distance clipping has been generally improved. Some players will see a noticeable improvement to the frame rate.
    • For the packs that provide extra bag space, we made the description accurate (explains which bag is unlocked, and correctly says 30 slots, not 25)

Bug Fixes

• (hopefully) fixed the bug with block so that now block works correctly even in the world chat channel
    • Fixed: Eating insects no longer causes Ardent Society Membership to disappear until you relog.
    • Fixed a very rare bug that would cause a gfx memory crash on some older cards on Ultra at nighttime (Fizzbin!)

New "Particle Clipping" and "Light Clipping" advanced graphics sliders for adjusting when particles and lights stop showing.
    Graphics: The "Object Distance" and "Mob Distance" options in Advanced have been changed to "Object Clipping" and "Creature Clipping" and are now based on pixel screen size. Also, object distance clipping has been generally improved. Some players will see a noticeable improvement to the frame rate.

thank you for looking at performance i hope it has improved the fps drop when zoning into maiden

edit: maiden is dramatically improved on zone in i used to drop to under one fps then slowly build to 2.2-3.8 fps (on below low setting custom).

my fps in all other zones is 3-5 points higher now maiden is still lower then the other zones but 6.8 fps with these settings at max is a major improvement and completely playable with out having to adjust settings to nill and reboot my client every time i zone into maiden.

i am now able to play at max quality for :visible distance,terrain detail,object clipping, creature clipping
    have not played with any of the other settings yet as i have not found a need to use them to play the game so thy all go to performance side

and the fps goes up and down with view port movement like it should / does with any other game i have ever played .

very much appreciated by this user ,quality does not matter to me but having the option to go max settings now with the settings i need most to play the game is wonderfully helpful

i cant say thank you enough to express how delighted i am at this improvement !

warning!!! do not jump to ultra if you do not know your system can handle it for sure. only increase by one setting at a time >low to medium to high to very high to ultra
    playing with the settings and jumping from low to ultra like i have done in that past = fail to render when selecting reflections check box.
    had to wait several minuets to be able to change the settings back to low (btw this is a good thing) it means its working correctly
    note (shift o) opens the settings window if you get into this problem >just wait it will render after a period of time
    Last edited by smeweyou; 16.12.2014 at 09:21.
    "lag_kills_all_where_none_should_ever_die"

Another oddity - Also in the new event zone - one of my friends shows up as a blue icon and the other 3 friends do not show up on the map at all and we are all in the new zone at all.

Kittra

Thank you.

Thank you to all the programmers and other people involved, for continuing to work on the game so many of us enjoy so much.

OK so far, people's wings from the last event are completely different color and so far I know of 3 people that got booted from the game and when they tried to log back in - they get a message that account is already online and in use . This just happened to me.

That info for the developers - so far. I will add to this as I find oddities.

Kittra

I'm sitting at my desk at work doing a seated happy dance, not caring if anyone sees me. Thank you for the block fix.

/salsa

And thanks for the other stuff too.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    FaunaG, Fion
    "New "Particle Clipping" and "Light Clipping" advanced graphics sliders for adjusting when particles and lights stop showing.
    Graphics: The "Object Distance" and "Mob Distance" options in Advanced have been changed to "Object Clipping" and "Creature Clipping" and are now based on pixel screen size. Also, object distance clipping has been generally improved. Some players will see a noticeable improvement to the frame rate."

Someone explain what this means to me. I have never been able to figure out all those things.
    Thanks. PM if you like.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Snow Fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauna G Windspirit View Post
    "New "Particle Clipping" and "Light Clipping" advanced graphics sliders for adjusting when particles and lights stop showing.
    Graphics: The "Object Distance" and "Mob Distance" options in Advanced have been changed to "Object Clipping" and "Creature Clipping" and are now based on pixel screen size. Also, object distance clipping has been generally improved. Some players will see a noticeable improvement to the frame rate."

Someone explain what this means to me. I have never been able to figure out all those things.
    Thanks. PM if you like.
    I would also like to know this.

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Priest Daimheach
    I am really liking this patch. Love that /block is working properly now and that the Christmas spirit has descended upon the game.

I LOVE what you've done with the toy crafting recipes...the recipes themselves are a bit pricey....But I love that we have to go visit old areas of the game and that you've made a use for some items in the game that are only used once...It sort of comes around full circle...Anyway....LOVE the recipes!!!

The quests are also pretty cool - the stolen toys - OMG - made me laugh!!!!

As always, you've done a great job with the bounties. And, I actually like that the hp/sp pots are not so abundant as they were in Spooky. So many were tossed away just for space reasons!!! Oh...and the idea that each mob drops a recipe ingredient - great idea!!

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Ebabea
    I hope nobody complains for some reason! you developers, really to have done an excellent job with this patch!
    thank you and Merry Christmas