Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Thread: Policy Regarding Conversion of Open Villages to Private
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    Lady Thacyk, Madame Ignitra, Shade Mistress
    Okay thank you, will message again when we have the projects open and more people living in the village! will keep trying! thank you!

Also, the people in village need to agree to become a guild village. If they don't answer you, that doesn't mean that they are inactive.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    As an FYI, for anyone who is looking to have their open village made private...please read the OP's post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Otter View Post
    There has been some confusion lately about our policy regarding the conversion of public villages to private villages. Here is our policy:

In order for an open village to be converted to a guild village, the guild wishing to gain ownership must do the following things:

1. Collect all the items needed to build a guild village – i.e the 4 craft items (Tins of paint, a town bell, a town flag and a town noticeboard) and 50 gold.
    2. Have around 25 – 30 guild members residing in the village, in order that it is unlikely to simply go public again soon after. At a minimum, 25 houses in the village must be owned by guild members. If that number falls below at any time, our system will automatically make the village public again in 14 days.
    3. Obtain the agreement for the change from any non-guild members residing in the village. It is essential that all villagers who are not in the guild give their permission for the village to be made private. If there are more non-guild members than guild members residing in the village, we reserve the right to deny the request that the village be made private.

Please note that players who agree to the change, but do not wish to join the guild are fully entitled to remain in the village with full privileges, and the guild does not have the right to force them to move, unless they forfeit this right by harassing guild members, or in general violating TOS. But we will not, nor have we ever, removed players from a village for not wanting to join a guild.

(Please also note that this differs from the situation in which a player is kicked out of their own guild or chooses to leave of their own accord. In such cases, the player forfeits their guild privileges.)

If all of the above criteria has been met, and you would like your village to be made private, please post here on this thread, or submit a Customer Support ticket. When doing so, please provide us with the following information:

• Server
    • Village Name
    • Guild Name
    • The number of guild members residing in the village
    • The number of non-guild members residing in the village
    • The name of a non-guild villager we may contact to ensure that permission has been obtained by non-guild members for the conversion to be made.
    Last edited by IrishElf; 27.01.2017 at 14:33.

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Lady Thacyk, Madame Ignitra, Shade Mistress
    Hello Sarah,
    Third time is the charm! :P

Okay we worked hard to get this far, but we finally have our 25 guild members in the village!
    Guild: <Ethos Heroes>
    Server: US2
    Village Name: Hestia City
    # Of Guild Members In Village: 25
    # of Non-Guild Members: 8 (Lord Mara, Alica Caribel, ChaosPetal, Erion, Frax, PrincessAnahlei IV, Shive, Sleenc, and Yartho. One space available still. All of whom have been mailed with the information that we are converting to a guild village, none of which have answered me or mayor.)

I am the guild leader and hubby is the mayor of the village. And we have Bell, Sign, Flag and Paint the gold for the conversion!
    Last edited by LadyArana; 17.02.2017 at 13:32. Reason: stuff was missing

Server
    US2
    Chars
    curb stomp justice beercans HATS4SALE father bear folk in town
    hi .. and tyvm 4 yer time.. my name is hats 4 sale i created S.O.S. Call 911 guid and i am mayor or Cardboard Box City server 2 u .. we are around 34/35 guild members in city Norrz is not us and does not seem to log in.. ive played about 2 yrs now .. i think were ready to turn CARboard Box City into a guild city .. from public

Server
    US2
    Chars
    curb stomp justice beercans HATS4SALE father bear folk in town
    tyvm devs

Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Zila the wise
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Otter View Post

• Server
    • Village Name
    • Guild Name
    • The number of guild members residing in the village
    • The number of non-guild members residing in the village
    • The name of a non-guild villager we may contact to ensure that permission has been obtained by non-guild members for the conversion to be made.
    Server: EU-EN
    Village Name: Woodstock
    Guild Name: Hippies
    Guild Members in the village: 25
    Non-Guild Members: 7 (all of whom seem inactive)
    We have had a lot of new players move in and go inactive. You can contact any of them, but we've never heard a peep out of the non-guild villagers.

This is one of the reasons we would like to become a guild village, we get newbies, they immediately stop playing and we have to wait at least a month for a spot to open up.

Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Zila the wise
    This is becoming frustrating. It's been 3 days and no word. Is there a problem?

The village is now full. 27 of the villagers are in the guild. Despite letters to the non-guild villagers, I have received no replies. There is no way for us to know if they are active or not. With no answers, we have to assume they are not active.

We are about to complete one of the expansions, and we are concerned that if we are not a guild only village, it will be filled by non-guild members before we can get new recruits into the spots. I'm having to turn away prospective guildies.

Hi, Sulevia, we'll get you squared away, I promise. I've just given our programmer your info, so the village will likely be converted tonight or tomorrow.

Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Zila the wise
    Thank you, Woodstock is now a guild village. Fireworks in the town square!