Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 71 to 80 of 80
Thread: What has happened to priests damage?
  1. #71
    Moderator IrishElf's Avatar
    Posts
    11,198
    Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Nether View Post
    You use cure on yourself, default if you target monster. Mass spells dont need a target as you say.
    Well there ya go! That is a good idea. I was thinking about the poisoning in the Ladder in the Vale, but that makes more sense.

    Nice shortcuts to help!

  2. #72
    OK. I've played around with leveraging inspiration and have come up with what seems to be the optimal combination for maximum damage and speed. I've kept restore along with cure to speed up divine inspiration procs as I run to bosses. Only using one usually takes much longer than necessary and spamming both on the run between bounties isn't hard. (Heal also works for this, but has a much higher cost in spirit). If you're concerned about space on the tool bar, I'd suggest making a mace for soloing that omits mass heal, mass shield, or both (skills of little use when soloing). You can add one or two more attacks for the 15 seconds of inspiration (including a ranged one, which can be helpful). As a holy priest, optimally, this lets me hit a condemn, a hammer, two bolts, and two smites (all bolstered with holy mastery and 680 points of inspiration) and one to three shadow spells bolstered by inspiration alone. Bevyn bosses usually drop within 20-30 seconds--sometimes within the first 15. Ordinary fae in the event zone go down in 3 shots (before getting into smite range) and coille bosses go down, usually, within two inspirations (although getting the second one to proc can be a pain). They are down to half health in 15 seconds, at least, which is a major improvement for me. I know priests experience a lot of frustration in the last two zones, but this can go a good distance toward easing it once you get the feel for it. Please give it a shot if you're so inclined.
    Last edited by Red Ryder; 24.07.2016 at 10:17.

  3. #73
    User
    Posts
    1,033
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Nether, Melizabel Ginald
    Due to the nature of priest and dots, I atleast try to pull a few mobs together and let dots and shadow blast do the work. I cut down time per monsters this way. Theres a few places in Coille you can get 3 bounties at once
    Wannabe paladin

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Nether View Post
    Due to the nature of priest and dots, I atleast try to pull a few mobs together and let dots and shadow blast do the work. I cut down time per monsters this way. Theres a few places in Coille you can get 3 bounties at once
    ditto...am not as expert at it as nether but thats how i use dot...to collect mobs and cut down on the time needed to kill everything...obviously if the mob in question can one hit me i don't lol but it adds to game enjoyment/challenge

  5. #75
    Moderator IrishElf's Avatar
    Posts
    11,198
    Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Nether View Post
    Due to the nature of priest and dots, I atleast try to pull a few mobs together and let dots and shadow blast do the work. I cut down time per monsters this way. Theres a few places in Coille you can get 3 bounties at once
    That is fun! I do it a lot with Lord Pyrrus but other places it is satisfying to see them all fall down.

  6. #76
    User
    Posts
    14
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    Rose Heart
    Hi,

    I'm relative newcomer to the game, so I don't have much experience on the class differences. However I have noticed my priest can stand pretty well against anyone her own level. I can easily take on bounties three to five levels above my own and am able to win without too much difficulty.

    The one thing I did did I personally think gave me the edge is I've gnogmented all my gear since level 1. Most everyone on my server says I shouldn't spend sockets until around level 35. I tried it and I like the results I got as they gave me a very strong Competitive Edge against the bounties. Now with all my gear gnogmented, I hardly spend any sockets on upgrades and I am able to do significant amounts of damage compared to other classes the same level as me.

    I personally think not gnogmenting gear early on has major penalties later on when you need the damage and protective armor.
    Last edited by Rose Heart; 20.11.2017 at 16:11.

  7. #77
    Moderator IrishElf's Avatar
    Posts
    11,198
    Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose Heart View Post
    Hi,

    I'm relative newcomer to the game, so I don't have much experience on the class differences. However I have noticed my priest can stand pretty well against anyone her own level. I can easily take on bounties three to five levels above my own and am able to win without too much difficulty.

    The one thing I did did I personally think gave me the edge is I've gnogmented all my gear since level 1. Most everyone on my server says I shouldn't spend sockets until around level 35. I tried it and I like the results I got as they gave me a very strong Competitive Edge against the bounties. Now with all my gear gnogmented, I hardly spend any sockets on upgrades and I am able to do significant amounts of damage compared to other classes the same level as me.

    I personally think not gnogmenting gear early on has major penalties later on when you need the damage and protective armor.
    Hi Rose,
    This post was from April of 2016 and a great deal of changes have taken place since the original post.

    Yes indeed, priests have come into their own and are a lot of fun! Welcome to the game!

  8. #78
    User
    Posts
    828
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    ekimie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose Heart View Post
    Hi,

    I'm relative newcomer to the game, so I don't have much experience on the class differences. However I have noticed my priest can stand pretty well against anyone her own level. I can easily take on bounties three to five levels above my own and am able to win without too much difficulty.

    The one thing I did did I personally think gave me the edge is I've gnogmented all my gear since level 1. Most everyone on my server says I shouldn't spend sockets until around level 35. I tried it and I like the results I got as they gave me a very strong Competitive Edge against the bounties. Now with all my gear gnogmented, I hardly spend any sockets on upgrades and I am able to do significant amounts of damage compared to other classes the same level as me.

    I personally think not gnogmenting gear early on has major penalties later on when you need the damage and protective armor.
    The main reason players are advised not to use sockets in the start is because you will blast through the levels at a quick pace, leaving lots of gear out if use in no time. At a later level, say indeed 30/35, you will start to take/need longer to level and then stronger armour might me more desired. Ofcourse, as I found out ast night, there are exceptions to this standard, as some people just deny any gamerules and hit 78 within 2 months.... (looking at you, gmdz!!)

  9. #79
    User
    Posts
    543
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    EU1 Akitrie, US1 Nutmeg
    Quote Originally Posted by ekimie View Post
    The main reason players are advised not to use sockets in the start is because you will blast through the levels at a quick pace, leaving lots of gear out if use in no time. At a later level, say indeed 30/35, you will start to take/need longer to level and then stronger armour might me more desired. Ofcourse, as I found out ast night, there are exceptions to this standard, as some people just deny any gamerules and hit 78 within 2 months.... (looking at you, gmdz!!)
    Wow that must be a lot of med pots?

  10. #80
    User
    Posts
    14
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    Rose Heart
    Quote Originally Posted by ekimie View Post
    The main reason players are advised not to use sockets in the start is because you will blast through the levels at a quick pace, leaving lots of gear out if use in no time. At a later level, say indeed 30/35, you will start to take/need longer to level and then stronger armour might me more desired. Ofcourse, as I found out ast night, there are exceptions to this standard, as some people just deny any gamerules and hit 78 within 2 months.... (looking at you, gmdz!!)
    I spent a lot of time reading so I knew what I wanted as I proceeded. I cannot possibly understand why anybody want to rush a game like this as in-depth and enjoyable as it is. To me that's just a waste of the actual game and not even really enjoying it.

    I took my gear with me so that wasn't really even issue as I proceeded to the levels I costly kept all my gear updated and improved. The first month I spent about $90 and now I only spend about $20 a month. I just ate a little less fast food along the way. lol