Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread: anyone else seeing bad server lag the last 2 days
    Quick Question for Developers:

Noticed there are different green boxes (the red inner symbol). Are they each a different latency? I am asking so I know when I need to send another bug report. (get a lot so usually send 1 then ignore rest even if inside symbol is different, but won't if it means a different latency).
    Last edited by Panthera; 19.03.2017 at 14:08.
    Kaya Kittyfeathers Priest US1

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurksch View Post
    If lag would be a problem caused by serves, all of us should have the same problems at the same time, or no?

But this is not the case.

I often have lag too, mainly when there is a lot of (Internet) traffic in our region.

And sometimes I have beste connection while others are complayning, the game is down.
    Yes, you are correct. If everyone around you has green feats it could be the game, the zone or the nodes close to the server causing latency or lag. Unfortunately, a lot of the time it is the connection.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    Quick Question for Developers:

Noticed there are different green boxes (the red inner symbol). Are they each a different latency? I am asking so I know when I need to send another bug report. (get a lot so usually send 1 then ignore rest even if inside symbol is different, but won't if it means a different latency).
    If you hover your cursor over the box while you see it, it will tell you what the system detects.

If you click on the green box you can send in a bug report.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Maniacal
    Yes you would and yes, this does happen quite often as I stated in a previous post. I've quite often seen where the group runs up to kill a mob and everyone just stands there doing the lets do nothing dance. So again, this has nothing to do with our side of things being busy unless we all at the exact same time suddenly had a huge influx of traffic in all our areas of various countries all at the same time.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Pssssst View Post
    Yes you would and yes, this does happen quite often as I stated in a previous post. I've quite often seen where the group runs up to kill a mob and everyone just stands there doing the lets do nothing dance.
    Yes, if it is true server lag then EVERYONE gets it at the same time for the same duration.

We often see it when friends are entering a zone such as the 75 Elders lairs, when tons of feats are being fired off, in Event zones again where tons of feats are being fired off, or when friends are entering the game. These do tend to be of short duration like 30 seconds or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pssssst View Post
    So again, this has nothing to do with our side of things being busy unless we all at the exact same time suddenly had a huge influx of traffic in all our areas of various countries all at the same time.
    Most of the Green Box latency people are talking about in this post is isolated to that player at that moment in time. We regularly see people talk of lag and everyone else says "I got no lag", so most are probably due to the things I mentioned after talking to not only devs but technicians and other computer programmers and not server lag. Yes, some is likely server, but not all as a lot of people like to argue.

"The green box isn't limited to server, it is also latency from internet traffic, your ISP, nodes along the route and a number of other things.

A few weeks ago we asked a technician why it seemed our 50MBPS broadband always seemed slow at certain times of the day. He confirmed what I'd long suspected that you can and do get slowness when a lot of people in your area are online at the same time, or even along the route your internet takes to get to your desired destination. It also can be from outages along the route that prompts the systems to reroute your path, making it take much longer to get to your destination."