View Poll Results: Give us back the golden winged helmet and the cheetha boots

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. golden winged helmet and cheetah boots back to the shop.

102 98.08%
  • No, I don't need speed enhancements.

2 1.92%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Thread: We ask you to bring back the golden winged helmet and cheetah boots to the shop
    Server
    EU2
    Chars
    Jeylana, Lanajey
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
    The devs have done something interesting. They've created a mount system for the game that had been asked for and dismissed years ago because many thought it would be impossible to implement. However there is a very large and obvious issue with how mounts are designed. As a player and potential customer I really want to buy mounts! I think they look and feel great and would love to travel around on a large glowing horse. The issue is each mount is designed as an individual speed bonus, and they are priced with that in mind. I run faster without a mount then I do with a mount, which holds me back from actually buying any. Mounts are not vanity items that players would buy in bulk, but rather a 1-type purchase for each character that needs the extra speed. That is a very flawed approach to selling that completely alienates a large portion of the player-base and does not have the addictive nature of buying in bulk that lower priced aesthetic outfits have.

I do not think the revival of the original speed boosters would be a good thing. It would create direct competition between them and mounts and the mounts would most definitely lose. However perhaps the mounts can be converted into a system resembling the old one that players -including myself- view as much better. I believe the developers can fix this issue, please their customers and increase their sales by doing the following:

1: Increase the base run speed to 100%, I do not need to argue this point, others have done so already and this is not something new players should have to ask for or buy, this is their right.

2: Create a quest-line from level 10 - 15 (Starting in Ardent castle) that rewards the player with a horse mount. This is a regular looking horse, not very stylish but it will increase their base run speed to 120%. This mount is an enchantment, just like the cheetah boots and winged helms were. That means that the player will run at 120% speed even if the mount is not equipped. All they have to do is equip it once so the enchantment binds to their character. The mount then becomes a vanity item, like an outfit, that players can use when they want to.

3: Sell an item shop mount. This mount is also an enchantment, and will increase the players base run speed to 180% even when unequipped so long as the enchantment has been bound to the character. (This is like a golden helm + cheetah boots combination that players are asking for, but in the form of a mount). This mount should be expensive, upwards of 500 crowns. Screw the bridle. Selling a speed bonus to a speed bonus is an immediate turn-off to most customers. It gives the impression that we are being milked for all we're willing to give.

4: Sell a variety of different mount species skins in the item shop for 100 crowns each. Horse, spider, dragon, lizard, wolf etc. This is something that folks who already have the old speed gear would be willing to purchase. By getting the free mount from the quest-line they would be able to customize it using these skin packs and use those mounts as vanity items. Event zones should also award players with limited time mount skins.

5: Then for each species have additional customization packs for 25 to 50 crowns. Flame horse, lightning wolf, glistening armor, fire trail, smoke trail, ghost spider. People would be able to personalize each of their different mounts.

This overhaul will lessen the speed gap between older and newer players, allow everyone to obtain a free mount, and earn the developers revenue from both new and old players. The former who would consider purchasing the mount speed upgrade via the item shop and the latter who would be able to customize their free mount to their hearts desire. Making the mount an enchantment rather than an item that needs to be equipped in order to have an effect will mean that the old speed items (helm , cheetah boots) would no longer be needed and players would only have to mount up when they desired. It seems like a win for both the developers and the V&H population both old and new.
    I voted for "yes", but to be honest, the ideas of Anarky I find great!
    (*Mit Vereinten Kräften*)
    Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working is a success

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    soy azeltin, soyos, sophy
    Anarky, for once, I totally agree with everything you suggested in your post. Good job of laying out an alternative to the speed issues. Great idea... I like it.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by soysauce View Post
    Anarky, for once, I totally agree with everything you suggested in your post. Good job of laying out an alternative to the speed issues. Great idea... I like it.
    He did, he pulled together all the great ideas people have posted, put in his own ideas and spin, then put it out as a cohesive suggestion. That's what was needed, none of us have been able to get our ideas across in a few sentences like this that make sense.

It is pretty much the type of thing players in-game have been tossing around for a long time now and it is good to see it pulled together! Thank you

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Oh BTW... all you players who posted ideas here and on the others posts floating around the forums about speed... YOU ALL ROCK!! Such terrific ideas!!

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Liston littlebitkin
    teeribly miss those level one juming runn boots given after that very 1st quest that now has you ging through the theater...
    they were not much but ever did they help

Server
    US1
    Chars
    US1 (Armageddon, Anarky, Korruption) US2 (Kayaus, Sinizter, Extinction)
    The devs have done something interesting. They've created a mount system for the game that had been asked for and dismissed years ago because many thought it would be impossible to implement. However there is a very large and obvious issue with how mounts are designed. As a player and potential customer I really want to buy mounts! I think they look and feel great and would love to travel around on a large glowing horse. The issue is each mount is designed as an individual speed bonus, and they are priced with that in mind. I run faster without a mount then I do with a mount, which holds me back from actually buying any. Mounts are not vanity items that players would buy in bulk, but rather a 1-type purchase for each character that needs the extra speed. That is a very flawed approach to selling that completely alienates a large portion of the player-base and does not have the addictive nature of buying in bulk that lower priced aesthetic outfits have.

I do not think the revival of the original speed boosters would be a good thing. It would create direct competition between them and mounts and the mounts would most definitely lose. However perhaps the mounts can be converted into a system resembling the old one that players -including myself- view as much better. I believe the developers can fix this issue, please their customers and increase their sales by doing the following:

1: Increase the base run speed to 100%, I do not need to argue this point, others have done so already and this is not something new players should have to ask for or buy, this is their right.

2: Create a quest-line from level 10 - 15 (Starting in Ardent castle) that rewards the player with a horse mount. This is a regular looking horse, not very stylish but it will increase their base run speed to 120%. This mount is an enchantment, just like the cheetah boots and winged helms were. That means that the player will run at 120% speed even if the mount is not equipped. All they have to do is equip it once so the enchantment binds to their character. The mount then becomes a vanity item, like an outfit, that players can use when they want to.

3: Sell an item shop mount. This mount is also an enchantment, and will increase the players base run speed to 180% even when unequipped so long as the enchantment has been bound to the character. (This is like a golden helm + cheetah boots combination that players are asking for, but in the form of a mount). This mount should be expensive, upwards of 500 crowns. Screw the bridle. Selling a speed bonus to a speed bonus is an immediate turn-off to most customers. It gives the impression that we are being milked for all we're willing to give.

4: Sell a variety of different mount species skins in the item shop for 100 crowns each. Horse, spider, dragon, lizard, wolf etc. This is something that folks who already have the old speed gear would be willing to purchase. By getting the free mount from the quest-line they would be able to customize it using these skin packs and use those mounts as vanity items. Event zones should also award players with limited time mount skins.

5: Then for each species have additional customization packs for 25 to 50 crowns. Flame horse, lightning wolf, glistening armor, fire trail, smoke trail, ghost spider. People would be able to personalize each of their different mounts.

This overhaul will lessen the speed gap between older and newer players, allow everyone to obtain a free mount, and earn the developers revenue from both new and old players. The former who would consider purchasing the mount speed upgrade via the item shop and the latter who would be able to customize their free mount to their hearts desire. Making the mount an enchantment rather than an item that needs to be equipped in order to have an effect will mean that the old speed items (helm , cheetah boots) would no longer be needed and players would only have to mount up when they desired. It seems like a win for both the developers and the V&H population both old and new.
    I am glad many like the proposal, hopefully the devs agree with it as well.
    For the Underdogs

I think Anarky's idea is brilliant! I have two other toons that I don't play, one is 6 and other 11, both have mounts and it's still too painfully slow. I only play my hunter because of speed of stag.

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Mag3mann. RobinFromTheHood.BlackW1dow
    Yes, bring them back! Tired of running like ive been incontinent of faeces.

Chars
    Angelsbreath US1 | Akitrie EU1
    The worst thing about mounts IMO is that us players with speed have absolutely no use of them else than just sitting up there and trying to look pretty (you can't even heal!)
    A friend
    started playing V&H since October 2016

User
    Server
    EU2
    Chars
    Blood Force
    I want them back!! I have now played several hours in this game. On my main char i have a mount and i love it, but still i can´t hold on to the old players with the boots. So it´s a bit frustrating -.- , I think if you ask anyone they will tell you that they want to have the boots back ^^. So Pleeeeeaaaaassssseeee <3
    DWG Mitglied
    Seid dem 14. September 2016 aktiv dabei.
    Liebe dieses Spiel! Und die Community!