Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread: Windows 10 Creator's Update and game crashes
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Eltu, Ivar Otter
    Have you grabbed the last updates through Windows Update and reinstalled your GPU drivers? Those are the main things that may help.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Mystical W0rld, Anguloa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivar Hill View Post
    Have you grabbed the last updates through Windows Update and reinstalled your GPU drivers? Those are the main things that may help.
    After your post, I updated my Windows 10 program through the Windows Update, reinstalled the game, then ran that game cleaner that you suggested in another forum. I turned my computer off for a few hours and then tried to run the game. It worked! We'll see if it will work tomorrow.... Thank you for your links and suggestions.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Badger Reborn, Badger66
    quickly add a PS.
    i do actually play SAC windowed, so maybe that is why it works for me all the time since re-installing.
    also still have the unnecessary gaming stuff turned off

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Mystical W0rld, Anguloa
    Got it to load today!

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical W0rld View Post
    Got it to load today!
    Awesome!! Thank you for letting us know.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Mystical W0rld, Anguloa
    Well, my computer officially wouldn't load the game yesterday. After weeks of trouble, I got it worked on and after 6 hours of cleaning, they installed the Steam version. Now I can't access my account, it just loads the game and takes me straight to a fresh account's character creation page. What can I do? Can the creators merge the accounts? I submitted a help ticket with the game but thought I would ask here as well.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    US1 (Armageddon, Anarky, Korruption) US2 (Kayaus, Sinizter, Extinction)
    Well, my computer officially wouldn't load the game yesterday. After weeks of trouble, I got it worked on and after 6 hours of cleaning, they installed the Steam version. Now I can't access my account, it just loads the game and takes me straight to a fresh account's character creation page. What can I do? Can the creators merge the accounts? I submitted a help ticket with the game but thought I would ask here as well.
    A lot more people have this issue than I thought. Many players are not able to log in for weeks. Eventually they'll stop trying.. some already have.
    For the Underdogs

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    If you previously had the SAC version, installing Steam makes a new account. You cannot access your SAC account with Steam. So what you are getting by using Steam and getting the character creation screen is as it should be.

Did you try this with your SAC account? https://forum.villagersandheroes.com...l=1#post143814

Ivar has posted a number of work-arounds that have been reported by others. One player was having the same problem as you and by following Ivar's steps she was able to get into the game again.

There will be an update Tuesday that has a fix for this. I hope one of them works for you.

Mysti... did you try using the windowed screen? (The middle tab top right?) I use that all the time anyway, it sure helps a lot of issues I had.
    Last edited by IrishElf; Today at 10:53.

I have had the loading issue since the Windows 10 Creators and have been using the workaround that Ivar suggested to switch to another window whilst the game loads to get into the game. I am pleased to say that the fix currently on the test server has solved this issue for me (I checked it a few times including from a cold start and also with full screen and windowed view) so hopefully the fix will work for others too

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Felina View Post
    I have had the loading issue since the Windows 10 Creators and have been using the workaround that Ivar suggested to switch to another window whilst the game loads to get into the game. I am pleased to say that the fix currently on the test server has solved this issue for me (I checked it a few times including from a cold start and also with full screen and windowed view) so hopefully the fix will work for others too
    That's great news Felina!! Thank you for posting!