Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread: Auto clickers for gathering
    User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    ekimie
    I love gathering when I am tired or ill. Just hang on the couch, 1 finger on the clickbutton and enjoy! No braincells needed. I know it does not sound very positive like that but honestly I love it not having to think for a change.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Snow Fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nether View Post
    Theres no reason to be hostile. I´m sorry you didnt understand my first paragraph. I said power up, but I´m glad you bring up gather hat and my idea is it would add just like that. It could work just like a massgatherer, but with different tiers. Atleast when I say to kill something, I mean kill a monster, but it might mean something else to you.
    no hostility intended, but still confused as to what you are suggesting. for example: the reason killing a monster is confusing is because its unclear how you intend that to work, not that the killing would be of a monster. you said in original post "kill something in between...." kill in between what? when? how many? for what benefit? and you wanted to increase the number of swings we can do, which is now limitless with certain restrictions. I won't repeat the rest of my questions again but if you could please answer them that would be great. thanks.

I think Nether was thinking of 5 bounty kills equaling to a 25:1 ratio of mats gathered to 1 click.
    As for gathering, I'd rather a slider similar to the mass crafting one, and then we have x times the required time of one hit at the node.
    Hopefully that wasn't too confusing.
    toujours pur

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Layla, Lola, Lolita & Lance Littlenymph
    The higher I climb in level, the more I am inclined to reverse my original opinion. I no longer see the harm in being able to left click on a node to gather once, or right click on it to gather continuosly until clicked on again to stop. With the exception of legacy players that payed out for Golden Tools, you would still have to moniter the node to pick up repair globs. The only real difference is that it would eliminate the endless clicking that wears my wrist and mouse in equal measure.

My previous opinion is based on the number of times I have seen players cheat other games with auto <fill-in-the-blank-here> tactics to circumvent game play. There is a small number of players that will auto anything in order to advance at the fastest rate possible, which makes me wonder what they are playing for to begin with. That said, when you have a very high percentege of players using a game cheat, that is an indication of a design flaw within the game itself. When game devs turn a blind eye to that cheat, despite the fact it is contray to the TOS, that is an admission that even they know there is a design flaw. If WE know that gathering is falwed, and THEY know that gathering is flawed as well, it defies reason that it continues in its current form. My first paragraph is just a suggestion. I am not qualified to be a game dev, so I have no real insight as to what would or would not be best for the game. The one thing that I do know without doubt is that gathering in this game is flawed, and players and devs alike are aware of it.

From my perspective, character movement/speed, Guild funtionality, and the Gathering/Crafting mechanics are the three aspects that bug long term players, and discourage new players from sticking around. Gathering and Crafting saw some huge improvements since the days of VIM. but it still needs some work before it becomes more fun than grind.
    I'm A Bad Bunny!