Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Thread: Auto clickers for gathering
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    NO, please no! We already have too much randomness in crafting.
    I don't know if I expressed myself clearly, but here's what I meant, let's use an example for crafting, imagine you have this gauge and within this gauge you have certain zones and an object that goes in a certain direction with a certain speed and goes in the opposite once it reaches the extremity of that gauge. Now to succeed at this mini-game you need to stop the object in the zone by tapping on a button, and there will be multiple ( 3 or 4 ) zones that will engulf a smaller zone than the rest. And the closer the object is to the smaller zone the higher quality the item and with random Epic stats will be and if you fail which means you are no where near that zone the item drop will be the lowest with no stats but with a chance to craft an uncommon item with 2 stats that you chose in the beginning of crafting ( about 25% drop chance ). And I want to keep the enhancement system where the more of this item you have crafted the item but I would diminish the number of craft times of the items to 15 instead of 30 which we currently have. Now the mini-game I used as an example will become simpler by spreading the zones to be wide and decreasing the speed of the object as you increase in enhancement rank. And after you have made the item 15 times the lowest drop will be normal uncommon gear that drop from monsters currently in the game and the stats will be the ones you chose at the beginning of crafting with about 25% chance of having an Epic stat and the highest drop will be an item with 2 Epic stats. Also in the mini-game the size and the placement of the zones will be random ( while respecting the law of bigger zones if you craft the same item many times ) in order to keep the player on their knees they don't get bored and if they succeed at the mini-game perfectly the crafted gear will count as a 2 times crafted instead of 1.
    Overall I hope this explanation is good enough to explain what I had in mind of course the mini-game will much more complicated that simply stopping an object once and of course with this system the randomness of the crafted items diminishes because the mini-game should be simple by having big enough zones and a correct speed of the object so the item will tend to have the almost same quality and it will have the normal stats the player chose but with the Epic stats remaining random.
    And the normal quality gear crafted for the first time using this system will be good enough to use at it's current level by the player so it isn't unfair. While the highest quality gear will be good enough for the player to do bosses with less effort.
    Last edited by Username unavailable; 07.03.2018 at 16:51.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Zazie, Shiny BlueG, Skipperdee, Auntie Social
    Quote Originally Posted by Username unavailable View Post
    And I want to keep the enhancement system where the more of this item you have crafted the item but I would diminish the number of craft times of the items to 15 instead of 30 which we currently have.
    Boy. I feel old. To think that only 6 months ago, before Starfall, I used to craft every piece of lvl 70+ gear 100 times to get the best piece of gear possible....The current amount of 30 feels like a good challenge to me.
    15 would be WAY too easy, imo. (I could quite easily craft almost anything 15 times just with the contents of my vaults -- no need to go out and gather for that.)

And since it was so very recently that they drastically reduced all of the quantities of mats needed for crafted gear AND reduced the number of times you need to make an item to earn each mastery star, I doubt that any further reduction is coming any time soon.

The more detailed description of the mini game still doesn't sound the least bit exciting (or even interesting to me). But that's just MY opinion. If I'm in the minority, so be it. But I'm not sure how many long-time crafters like me (lowest crafting skill is lvl 82) would be interested in a mini game of this kind.

IF any mini games were added, I would prefer them to be separate from the whole gathering & crafting system. And of course, mini games that I would enjoy would not appeal to the lowest common denominator.
    I wouldn't mind seeing word games: crossword puzzles, hangman, acrostics, or sudoku, logic puzzles (the ones with the built-in grids), and the like. More intellectual mini games, in other words. Not pure drivel or basing rewards on pure chance/your ability to get carpal tunnel syndrome. (This is why monitored autoclickers are allowed -- so that we don't get carpal tunnel.)

Yeah 15 is possibly a small number but it's fun to craft that much , 20 is a easy challenge that I considered to be better. But as I said on my post that of course it wouldn't be as simple as the example I've given in my previous post it would possibly look like the taming or fishing system in black desert online ( PC ) I think that might be better suited for the crafting system. Also I have to disagree about the materials you know how hard it is to earn gold in this game without doing quests that you might be under geared for, and if you like crafting then you just want to make everything but you have to gather excessive amounts. Example level 15 wizard helm and it needs about 5 sound badges, now if I wanted to make this simply 30 times I would need 750 turkey tails & 450 samite to get the best gear. So I think that the devs need to do something about the ressources necessary or the number of item that ends up being crafted and also do something about the gathering.
    Last edited by Username unavailable; 07.03.2018 at 18:45.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Snow Fairy
    I don't know if I expressed myself clearly, but here's what I meant, let's use an example for crafting, imagine you have this gauge and within this gauge you have certain zones and an object that goes in a certain direction with a certain speed and goes in the opposite once it reaches the extremity of that gauge. Now to succeed at this mini-game you need to stop the object in the zone by tapping on a button, and there will be multiple ( 3 or 4 ) zones that will engulf a smaller zone than the rest. And the closer the object is to the smaller zone the higher quality the item and with random Epic stats will be and if you fail which means you are no where near that zone the item drop will be the lowest with no stats but with a chance to craft an uncommon item with 2 stats that you chose in the beginning of crafting ( about 25% drop chance ). And I want to keep the enhancement system where the more of this item you have crafted the item but I would diminish the number of craft times of the items to 15 instead of 30 which we currently have. Now the mini-game I used as an example will become simpler by spreading the zones to be wide and decreasing the speed of the object as you increase in enhancement rank. And after you have made the item 15 times the lowest drop will be normal uncommon gear that drop from monsters currently in the game and the stats will be the ones you chose at the beginning of crafting with about 25% chance of having an Epic stat and the highest drop will be an item with 2 Epic stats. Also in the mini-game the size and the placement of the zones will be random ( while respecting the law of bigger zones if you craft the same item many times ) in order to keep the player on their knees they don't get bored and if they succeed at the mini-game perfectly the crafted gear will count as a 2 times crafted instead of 1.
    Overall I hope this explanation is good enough to explain what I had in mind of course the mini-game will much more complicated that simply stopping an object once and of course with this system the randomness of the crafted items diminishes because the mini-game should be simple by having big enough zones and a correct speed of the object so the item will tend to have the almost same quality and it will have the normal stats the player chose but with the Epic stats remaining random.
    And the normal quality gear crafted for the first time using this system will be good enough to use at it's current level by the player so it isn't unfair. While the highest quality gear will be good enough for the player to do bosses with less effort.

this is totally random based on clicking and luck, and nothing i would want added to the game.

Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Majenta, Jena A, Arcola
    Yeah 15 is possibly a small number but it's fun to craft that much , 20 is a easy challenge that I considered to be better. But as I said on my post that of course it wouldn't be as simple as the example I've given in my previous post it would possibly look like the taming or fishing system in black desert online ( PC ) I think that might be better suited for the crafting system. Also I have to disagree about the materials you know how hard it is to earn gold in this game without doing quests that you might be under geared for, and if you like crafting then you just want to make everything but you have to gather excessive amounts. Example level 15 wizard helm and it needs about 5 sound badges, now if I wanted to make this simply 30 times I would need 750 turkey tails & 450 samite to get the best gear. So I think that the devs need to do something about the ressources necessary or the number of item that ends up being crafted and also do something about the gathering.
    Absolutely not. The for those of us with a slightly poorer internet connection and slightly slower reactions, the BDO fishing system is quite simply impossible.

And given that afk fishing is pretty much the norm in that game, I would tend to assume that it is not just older players such as myself who feel that way.
    If at first you do succeed - try not to look surprised!

Find me in game as Majenta EU1

Support : http://www.villagersandheroes.com/co...tomer-support/
    Terms of Service: http://www.villagersandheroes.com/terms-of-service/ and Forum Policies : https://forum.villagersandheroes.com...cement.php?a=2

Then can't we do anything to make crafting faster and more fun to do ? We should be spending effort on crafting not time.

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Dawn Chorus, Sunny Dazzles, Dusky Vixen
    I play on Android and some of my finger and thumb joints do get a bit sore and stiff with all the crafting and gathering tapping