Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread: Lf a End Game Solo Priest Build
    User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Nether, Melizabel Ginald
    Zealotry is a very good overall talent, it includes alot of different boosts as you point out and thats why it´s so good. Understanding why crit reduction is good, you also realize why it´s a must have talent.
    Wannabe paladin

I get that it's "good," but as I didn't even touch it until second or third rebirth, I don't see that it's "must have" until you have points to blow after a couple of rebirths (at least for a holy priest). At 18 ranks, it only provides 45 health (almost irrelevant), 110 spirit (decent, but again hardly necessary), 54 damage (weak, but every little bit helps), 81 armor (good), and 38% crit reduction (sounds good, but almost immaterial when a holy priest has countless mastery-boosted heals. These boosts are mostly small survivability buffs for a class (holy) priest that already has amazing survivability (I wouldn't know if hybrids or shadow priests benefit more as my experience is almost entirely with holy).
    Also understand that any point in zealotry is a point not used elsewhere. Putting points into zealotry takes them out of other talents that seem to me to offer much more. Health seems to be a "must have" since hps is 0 when you're dead. Some spirit is a "must have." Holy mastery feels like a "must have" as it does much of what zealotry does plus some. Hammer isn't quite must have, but almost is as it's one of the few holy damaging spells and a stun. If not maxxed, it's pretty useless. Shield is a great talent for groups or solo but ymmv. For soloing in the last two zones, divine wisdom is pretty much the only way holy priests can do any damage and it's flat out op for event zones/group. When you only have 1.2 talent points per level, burning one on 2-4 points of health, spirit, etc. may be a decent choice, but it hardly feels like a no-brainer.

Red thank you for speaking up with your experience in this class. Your incite is really something for players to consider. Rarely do you see someone with this knowledge articulate this kind of good info

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Nether, Melizabel Ginald
    Withstanding crits means you wont get as much stunned. 54 damage is massive for a priest.
    You tested things and didnt think you got enough oomph for the investment, fine thats your experience.

Divine hammer is not for damage, it´s for controlling an enemy by stunning it so it cant use effects and feats. Not everything is black or white, but should be analyzed in which environment it would have it´s best use.

Pidgeonholing priests into some portable healing machines means you certainly feel useless without a group.

Theres enough talent points + gear options so can max out health/both masteries, Get 5 other talents to 15 which you get 19 in with tomb rings.
    Wannabe paladin

As a priest, how often do you really get stunned and how much does it really hurt? Solving a 1/3 of a problem that barely exists doesn't impress me all that much. The sentence "54 damage is massive for a priest" is really funny on a couple of levels if you think about it.

Sorry. I assumed that anyone who played priest understood that it is a stun and the implications of that. Combined with a shields, a priest can pretty much ignore more than half the damage that would have been incoming. Guess that's part of the reason I'm not as impressed by crit reduction, I suppose. Different builds presumably have different weaknesses and this really isn't one for full holy.

Pigeonholing holy priests as "portable healing machines" is kinda funny as well. Anyone who thinks a full holy priest is useless without a group has little understanding of the class or is building a pretty sad straw man.

I only got 108 talent points. I'm not sure where you got the other 15.

I therefore remain unconvinced zealotry's "must have," especially for lower levels. Try an experiment--respec out of zealotry and see if you notice much of a difference. I just don't and see health and one mastery or the other as the only real "must haves."
    Last edited by Red Ryder; 17.05.2017 at 12:23. Reason: grammar

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Nether, Melizabel Ginald
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ryder View Post
    As a priest, how often do you really get stunned and how much does it really hurt? Solving a 1/3 of a problem that barely exists doesn't impress me all that much.
    Having fusion on yourself in tomb while being stunned?

The sentence "54 damage is massive for a priest" is really funny on a couple of levels if you think about it.
    I fail to see the funny part. Priest has very low damage, so getting a bit more is a joke?

Sorry. I assumed that anyone who played priest understood that it is a stun and the implications of that. Combined with a shields, a priest can pretty much ignore more than half the damage that would have been incoming. Guess that's part of the reason I'm not as impressed by crit reduction, I suppose. Different builds presumably have different weaknesses and this really isn't one for full holy.
    You cant heal anything while being stunned.

Pigeonholing holy priests as "portable healing machines" is kinda funny as well. Anyone who thinks a full holy priest is useless without a group has little understanding of the class or is building a pretty sad straw man.
    So, you figured me out. I must be a really bad priest then, thanks for enlightning me.

I only got 108 talent points. I'm not sure where you got the other 15.
    Clearly I was wrong, since I took the amount of talents on top of my head, without the possibility to sourcecheck

I therefore remain unconvinced zealotry's "must have," especially for lower levels. Try an experiment--respec out of zealotry and see if you notice much of a difference. I just don't and see health and one mastery or the other as the only real "must haves."
    I said it was your choice.

Your very hostile towards those with a different pov then yourself.

You're welcome. I was just questioning whether my perception that zealotry was overrated was right and apologize if you consider correcting your errors and calling out your straw man to be hostility. I'm also sorry if you can't see why it's funny that priests desperately need 50 damage while other classes are discussing damage numbers in the thousands.
    Last edited by Red Ryder; 18.05.2017 at 08:33. Reason: grammar

I play a holy priest, lvl 50 with two rebirths. This is my build...
    Max out zealotry, health, spirit, holy mastery, restore, absorb shield and dump what ever points are left into divine wisdom....

I use three weapons which gives me a lot of flexibility for different situations, one for solo i use smite, holy bolt and bless, for group as a healer i use heal, mass heal and bless, for duo with my wizard friend (everyone else for that matter also) ive been useing holy bolt, mass heal and mass absord shield...
    Im lvl 50 now so im thinking of useing two sockets to add smite and bless to the duo mace and it will probably take care of all my needs, solo, healer and duo, dont need complete heal from what ive seen so far.
    Cure is a nice heal spell, takes care of any need for fast direct heals, takes away any curses, diseases, debuffs, dots, roots, and everything else except the frost spells from ice wizards, for some reason cure can break me free from spider webs but cannot help with frost bite, either way though, with the other buffs, heals, protections and regen spells you have complete heal does not seem needed, atleast not up to this point.

For armor i use reinforced instead of holy mastery, i get reinforced from base robe and gnog it to my holy robe, (yes that means i make two robes) and focus gear to raise zealotry and bless...

*I want to make note that the base robe stats are same as holy robe but adjusted for lvl, wearing the base robe wont hurt you at all, i like the look of holy robe so spend the gold to make two robes*

*Also take note, all classes get three spells for their neck slot, i carry all three but rarely ever use censure. Cure and condemn are other two neck spells*

To explain why i focus gear to raise zealotry and bless....

I build for armor, zealotry has a lot of armor, the rest of stats dont much matter, their minimal compared to the massive amount of armor it gives, zealotry gives more armor then your whole set of gear combined, armor is the special feature of zealotry...
    Bless also gives a large amount of armor, it is a buff with a mid heal, the buff is more important then the heal.

Divine Hammer is a lot of mana for a little bit of damage, the stun is nice but not worth the talent points, the stun is needed for some builds but not this one.

Explaining Armor...
    Armor mitigates damage, a low armor character will take huge spike hits out of no where but a high armor character will take a more steady slow paced beating making it easier to heal giving you a more steady paced fight, more in your control.
    Bless is not designed to cast on wizards, hunters or low armor characters, use absorb shield for them and heres why...

Armor gets stronger the higher its stacked, each point does not get more powerful but the higher armor gets the more damage is mitigated from the blows.

For example...

If a character has 300 armor and is getting hit by something for 800 per hit then hes taking 500 damage per hit, 100 points of armor wont help much, but if your armor is 600 and getting hit for 800 then your only taking 200 damage per hit, now throw 100 more armor on and you cut damage in half, now only taking 100 damage per hit, thus making armor stronger the more you stack it.
    Even if the 300 armor guy has more health hes still going to take massive hits, large spike damage that will catch you by suprise, and put you in a critical situation very fast just from one good crit by enemy.
    Therefore bless doesnt help glass cannon types much but if you keep it on tank with a restore then hes good, if his armor is high then he doesnt need big heals, restore keeps him on auto pilot, allowing you to focus on glass guys a little more without struggling to keep tank up.
    Bless is the most underated spell for priest, few priest even use bless, its a buff, but most see it as a heal, must be used properly to be effective but with this build it does very well in solo because of the armor it gives, not the health.

Your holy mastery raises the amount of healing you do for all heal spells, that includes cure, bless, restore, mass heal and so on which a complete heal is not needed for solo play in this build, most of time i can take on 4 trash mobs my lvl and restore is all i need, health goes up, i cast restore at about 70% life, dont even need to use bless in this situation, normal trash mobs i walk right threw, they cant hurt me, even bounties 5 lvls higher then me with 3 adds doesnt scare me at all, i walk right threw them.

Divine Inspiration (comes from Divine Wisdom) is really super great dps, heal and just all around amazing but its not dependable, you cant count on it and if you do your rolling the dice on a death, its a talent that i throw the extra points into once rest is maxed and i cant raise them any higher till i hit next rank which is every 5 lvls, it isnt a prime concern of mine.

With this build i soloed the lvl 40 elders at lvl 41 useing nothing more then crafted buffs and gear that is up to par with my lvl.

This build isnt a huge amount of dps but the dps surely gets the job done, i use condemn most of time to give me a 20% increase to damage, its plenty enough damage that i hit trash with condemn then holy bolt then smite finishes them or comes close enough that a hit or two from auto attack is all thats needed, as mob dies i hit condemn to start in on next target, holy bolt is refreshed and so is smite, its a steady pluck and kill while moving forward knowing nothing can hurt you style.

I lvl just fine, i often stay in zones 5-10 lvls higher then me so the good xp im getting makes up for the slower killing.
    (Was soloing old verde at lvl 22 and its a 33-35 zone, killed everything in there, bounties and all. (its all undead there and holy bolt gets a 25% damage boost vrs undead) Was a little challenging but its doable, used just crafted buffs.

Smite is a holy spell but its damage is based off of holy or physical rating, which ever is higher of the two making it a good option for shadow priest as well as a holy priest (my holy rating has never been higher then my physical rating even when i had holy mastery on robe instead of reinforced)

I have no trouble with mana at all, it practically stays full unless i get into something pretty deep, even then i rarely use any mana potions unless im fighting elders near my lvl, even then mana holds strong but i use a long term mana regen and a couple - few 10 second mana regen potions.

At lvl 50 im about to break 1k armor rating, (about to buy house with armor perk, should put me over 1k) and i can personally vouch for a melee priest thats focused on armor, they are very solid all the way around, ive focused this character for elders and he can hold his own, take their hits and put the fear of god in his enemys, he is a force to be reckoned with and a great joy to play, i go where i want when i want and kill anything 5 or 10 lvls higher then me that ive met so far with the exception of elders if their higher lvl then me.

Idk what the future lvls will hold for me but i cant wait to find out, im having a lot of fun with this build, some might say weak dps but ill say i rarely die, i keep moving forward and collecting xp. Its a steady flow, i train to bounties and whatever follows me to him i kill, with a bounty or two hitting you and four trash mobs you throw out a few heals and your gtg, if divine inspiration procs then your restore pours out holy healing all over you and your smite and holy bolt start handing out Gods wrath...

This is my build, he is a front line fighting combat priest, also flexible enough to fall back and keep allies healed with just a switch of a mace which can be put in quick slot for a fast switch, necklace can also be put in quick slot for fast change between cure and condemn.

Once i make the new mace with - Smite, Holy Bolt, Bless, Mass Absorb Shield, and Mass Heal I should be set for all situations. (im on mobile so i only get 8 spells but could change fairly easy if i had more) i do not think i will miss the normal heal spell at all, havent had any need for it up to this point anyway.

Two things i would advise anyone...
    Dont worry about how many spells you have, i personally believe it makes for a stronger build to have 6 strong spells rather then 8 medium spells, dont stretch yourself to thin.
    Second... Health and Spirit are important feats, much much needed and i strongly encourage you to max them both, you dont get many hp or spirit points when you lvl or on your armor, their mostly coming from your class talents, i strongly recommend investing in them.

The Priest is a great class, i hope you enjoy him/her regardless of the build you use and your play style, they are flexible and can be designed to fill your personal preferences.

Have Fun and remember rebirth is a good time to twist things around some and try new stuff, mid 20s a talent potion is only 50 silver and you can drink right when your making armor, easy switch back if you dont like new style.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    eljay, weljay, heljay, peljay
    Great writeup, Aggon. Thx.

Aye np, sorry so long lmao..