Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Thread: Tried this game out with a friend today
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    Wes Tern, Hugh Tern and Inn Tern
    I've been playing for a little over a week and enjoy V&H very much. I like that depending on how I am feeling I can go from questing, to gathering, to organizing my vaults and bags, to helping another player and select one of many goals to achieve. I am not looking to how long it takes me to get to the end game as much as enjoying the journey. Grinding? Well, some of us like the grind and many games have that or worse; a daily cap on crafting materials that can be obtained, get 10,000 hard leather squares, etc.

I like being able to go out with my Guildies or random strangers and trying to kill 200 stone legionnaires and getting a feel for the mechanics. I like that when I first entered the zone, BFG, I posted "Yikes! I am level 22 and the MOBs are level 79. I shouldn't be here." Right away I was told to look at my stats. My health went from about 350 to almost 1000. My attacks were more powerful and we were having a great time. And yes, we died, we laughed, we chatted and had lots of fun. It made me laugh when we were just standing around chatting and the MOBs respawned while we were talking... we died. It was great!

I liked that when I told couple of my fellow Guild members that I wanted to work on Charters to get a crown, they were cool with that and they said if I get bored that I am welcome to come do bounties with them. I was asked what level bugs I was collecting. Next thing I know, I get a bunch of bugs in my mail box and got several charter tokens in a row for bug charters. Tell me of another MMO where players help players without seeking a personal reward or because they know them. My Guildies are strangers that are quickly becoming friends. Speaking of which, I went to a crafting party this past Sunday and some random stranger sent me lots of stuff that I could use just because they could.

I can ask questions, sometimes what I think are stupid questions, and I get answers. I get help. If I cant find something, I have had people come and show me where it is.

I am not a smart man and have trouble communicating or getting a point across. I sometimes say things the wrong way but I see good people trying to understand what I am saying or asking and helping.

More than once in other MMOs I have heard players ask, "Where have all the good, decent players gone?" You know what they mean; Players that enjoy the game as the Devs made it, players that play for fun and not try to be the leets, players that don't get mad because someone got distracted while fighting a big boss, and so on. Now I can tell them, they went to Villagers and Heroes.

Thank you Mad Otter, for making a game that is the right mix. It has a great story, interesting side quests, relaxing farming, fun fights and I can play any way I want.

Sincerely,
    Mike aka Tern

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by leppurd View Post
    I've been playing for a little over a week and enjoy V&H very much. I like that depending on how I am feeling I can go from questing, to gathering, to organizing my vaults and bags, to helping another player and select one of many goals to achieve. I am not looking to how long it takes me to get to the end game as much as enjoying the journey. Grinding? Well, some of us like the grind and many games have that or worse; a daily cap on crafting materials that can be obtained, get 10,000 hard leather squares, etc.

I like being able to go out with my Guildies or random strangers and trying to kill 200 stone legionnaires and getting a feel for the mechanics. I like that when I first entered the zone, BFG, I posted "Yikes! I am level 22 and the MOBs are level 79. I shouldn't be here." Right away I was told to look at my stats. My health went from about 350 to almost 1000. My attacks were more powerful and we were having a great time. And yes, we died, we laughed, we chatted and had lots of fun. It made me laugh when we were just standing around chatting and the MOBs respawned while we were talking... we died. It was great!

I liked that when I told couple of my fellow Guild members that I wanted to work on Charters to get a crown, they were cool with that and they said if I get bored that I am welcome to come do bounties with them. I was asked what level bugs I was collecting. Next thing I know, I get a bunch of bugs in my mail box and got several charter tokens in a row for bug charters. Tell me of another MMO where players help players without seeking a personal reward or because they know them. My Guildies are strangers that are quickly becoming friends. Speaking of which, I went to a crafting party this past Sunday and some random stranger sent me lots of stuff that I could use just because they could.

I can ask questions, sometimes what I think are stupid questions, and I get answers. I get help. If I cant find something, I have had people come and show me where it is.

I am not a smart man and have trouble communicating or getting a point across. I sometimes say things the wrong way but I see good people trying to understand what I am saying or asking and helping.

More than once in other MMOs I have heard players ask, "Where have all the good, decent players gone?" You know what they mean; Players that enjoy the game as the Devs made it, players that play for fun and not try to be the leets, players that don't get mad because someone got distracted while fighting a big boss, and so on. Now I can tell them, they went to Villagers and Heroes.

Thank you Mad Otter, for making a game that is the right mix. It has a great story, interesting side quests, relaxing farming, fun fights and I can play any way I want.

Sincerely,
    Mike aka Tern
    You certainly communicated very well here! And it's good to see you are enjoying the game! It is true the V&H community is awesome and so very helpful!

Server
    US1
    Chars
    FaunaG, Fion

Sincerely,
    Mike aka Tern
    That's exactly what sets V&H apart. It's the people. Anything you ask, almost every time, someone's got your back or they can point you to the help you need.
    I love how you expressed yourself. I had no trouble understanding you.

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    EU1 Akitrie, US1 Nutmeg

Sincerely,
    Mike aka Tern
    I love that you're enjoying the game so much, and thank you for telling us all about your current player experience. It's true, the community in V&H is absolutely fantastic and one in a hundred... or a million... maybe You have no idea how much it means when a new or new-ish player posts his/her thoughts on the game, especially when it's regarding the awesome community here. Well-said and welcome to the game as well.

Sincerely,
    Mike aka Tern
    So, I'm reading this thread and thinking "What a cool dude. Sounds like someone who would love our guild."
    And then I get to the end...
    Oh! You already are in our guild!
    Nice!
    Look forward to running BFG with ya!

Sir LionHeart / Imustkillyou
    Last edited by Kill; 21.06.2017 at 21:52. Reason: Grammar gets me every time...