Thread: should i use higher lvl gathering tools?
    User
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    KalGareth, Gareth no Ryu, Lady of Gareth

should i use higher lvl gathering tools?

I can equip and use gathering tools far above my gathering levels but the game still puts a red x in the corner. Is there a reason I shouldn't use tools higher then my level?

If this question is answered anywhere i cant find it and it is bugging the crunch out of me.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    BoxySister, Nun Nun, Tess Tamoni, Mia Grain
    If you can equip it you should. I am not sure but I think you will have problems catching fish above your fishing level using a tool less than you can equip. (for instance if your fishing level is 17 and using Lv 10 tool rather than the Lv 15 tool).

Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Majenta, Jena A, Arcola
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth no Ryu View Post
    I can equip and use gathering tools far above my gathering levels but the game still puts a red x in the corner. Is there a reason I shouldn't use tools higher then my level?

If this question is answered anywhere i cant find it and it is bugging the crunch out of me.
    This sounds like "bugging" is the correct word, because I think this is, in fact, a bug. It used to be that any chars could use any level of tools, but a while back it was changed so that chars could only equip tools of the same or lower level than their own appropriate skill level (hence the red cross).

Either way, the level of the tool only affects the ability to gather rare finds. Whether you can gather at any given node depends only on your actual gathering level.
    If at first you do succeed - try not to look surprised!

Find me in game as Majenta EU1

Support : http://www.villagersandheroes.com/co...tomer-support/
    Terms of Service: http://www.villagersandheroes.com/terms-of-service/ and Forum Policies : https://forum.villagersandheroes.com...cement.php?a=2

User
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    KalGareth, Gareth no Ryu, Lady of Gareth
    Quote Originally Posted by Majenta View Post
    This sounds like "bugging" is the correct word, because I think this is, in fact, a bug. It used to be that any chars could use any level of tools, but a while back it was changed so that chars could only equip tools of the same or lower level than their own appropriate skill level (hence the red cross).

Either way, the level of the tool only affects the ability to gather rare finds. Whether you can gather at any given node depends only on your actual gathering level.
    might it be because i had them equipped be for the update?

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth no Ryu View Post
    might it be because i had them equipped be for the update?
    yes, that's probably the case. And if you unequip them, you probably won't be able to equip them again.