Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Thread: What do you not like about Starfall?
    All.of these people are saying exactly what I said before starfall arrived, that these things would be the exact reason people left. The craft system is not what it was, not even close and in my "dissappointment" post I elaborate. The fighting is severally misguided and unbalanced, and the way things are done has made it confusing tedious and down right no longer fun, I see more frustration than pleasure in chats. From my own guildies and in the world. What I am most displeased about is that the opportunity was there to make this most epic game on the market and they chose the exact opposite of what it could have been, with over 30 years experience in creating and tweaking games especially rpgs both personally and professionally, the changes made are so bad that devout players leave! That is never good. More will leave as time goes on, and not only are these people.players of the game they are customers, the second thing I don't like was the total disregard for what the players suggested, mainly due to the fact that the devs were commited to what they were going to do, and the tester part of all this seemed to be nothing but for show.

Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Jenny The Brave, Sir Z, Princess Lyla, Miss Never
    quote: the second thing I don't like was the total disregard for what the players suggested, /end quote

and another quote: No they did ignore, they were told before hand what would happen, and how displeased people would be, they did ignore suggestions and that I can prove /end quote

And you know this because of? Where you a tester?

And I had a hard time reading your post, not even trying to read your other long post. The use of paragraphs would at least make it appealing to read.

What I don't like:
    1. Player balance wrecked. Before starfall, each class had adequate survivability to solo most areas, but when teamed up, we were almighty. (I had a wizard friend who quit after starfall. When we played together, only an elder could stop us.) Now, the warriors have been completely nerfed. (I haven't tried the other classes...)
    2. It used to be fun to be a gear head. Once I took the time to level up my crafting skills to make an awesome new sword, I'd get an awesome new sword. Now, I have to try again and again and again, and my new sword is still only marginally better than before (read: Not Awesome.)
    3. Potions are level locked. Hence, my hard gained crafting levels are useless to me for most of the game because I can't use fancy potions after each rebirth.
    4. No more free realm teleporter. Why did this have to go?
    For the record, the things I liked:
    1. Much simpler talent system.
    2. Higher level cap.
    3. Free mount.

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    HeyImSampai
    Quote Originally Posted by bill williams View Post
    All.of these people are saying exactly what I said before starfall arrived, that these things would be the exact reason people left. The craft system is not what it was, not even close and in my "dissappointment" post I elaborate. The fighting is severally misguided and unbalanced, and the way things are done has made it confusing tedious and down right no longer fun, I see more frustration than pleasure in chats. From my own guildies and in the world. What I am most displeased about is that the opportunity was there to make this most epic game on the market and they chose the exact opposite of what it could have been, with over 30 years experience in creating and tweaking games especially rpgs both personally and professionally, the changes made are so bad that devout players leave! That is never good. More will leave as time goes on, and not only are these people.players of the game they are customers, the second thing I don't like was the total disregard for what the players suggested, mainly due to the fact that the devs were commited to what they were going to do, and the tester part of all this seemed to be nothing but for show.
    So essentially, everything you have said here is that you've worked on some games, so you think your opinion would please everybody. You're saying that what you don't like about starfall is that it wasn't your dream game.
    You really need to get a grip on reality, and realise that the majority loves the changes. Crafting isn't perfect, but it's early days.

P.S. *severely. Is the word you've tried to use -several- times

Quote Originally Posted by Queeny View Post
    quote: the second thing I don't like was the total disregard for what the players suggested, /end quote

and another quote: No they did ignore, they were told before hand what would happen, and how displeased people would be, they did ignore suggestions and that I can prove /end quote

And you know this because of? Where you a tester?

And I had a hard time reading your post, not even trying to read your other long post. The use of paragraphs would at least make it appealing to read.
    instead of proving him wrong, you're going to attack him and question is ability to convey his opinions? he may be quite antagonistic about his review but that is his prerogative as a consumer of the game, your attacks on him however aren't warranted

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Sorry folks but this thread is being closed. When it degrades to personal attacks, we can't keep them open.