Thread: Magic Find Mechanics

Magic Find Mechanics

This is a question particularly aimed at the devs, but if anyone has done the testing before I start going crazy doing my own, I figured I'd ask.

How does Magic Find work in a group setting? Does MF apply based on who hit the target first, thus gaining loot priority? Does it apply on the killing blow? Could I have a MF culler in Elder groups get the last hit with stacked MF for the best loot? Does MF apply party-wide through some algorithm (added together? averaged out?), does it just go off the highest person who hit the mobs MF, or does it not take party/other players status in consideration?

What if a person outside the party gets the killing blow but didn't have loot priority from first hit?

Looking around, I couldn't find any explanation on the more in-depth MF mechanics.

Any insight would be awesome! Otherwise, I'll commence my personal testing!

Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Majenta, Jena A, Arcola
    Luckiniums work when the person using the lucki delivers the killer blow. My guess would be magic find is the same.

(But it is only a guess, I do not know.)
    If at first you do succeed - try not to look surprised!

Find me in game as Majenta EU1

Support : http://www.villagersandheroes.com/co...tomer-support/
    Terms of Service: http://www.villagersandheroes.com/terms-of-service/ and Forum Policies : https://forum.villagersandheroes.com...cement.php?a=2

That was my guess as well, initially. But it's going to be tough to test due to the proc rate of MF.

Well, guess I'll get to it haha.
    .:: Priestess of <Eternals> // US1 ::.
    Holy Mastery: all things priestly | blog

Everyone has magic find influence. However if a player doesn't have any magic find stat, then their magic find influence is zero. This influence is a percentage chance to upgrade an item.

When a group of players kills an enemy, the system takes the average influence of all players involved in the kill (whether in party or not).

tldr: The best use of magic find while in a group is for the group as a whole to have as much magic find as they can have. Those who take part in the fight with no magic find are watering down the odds of a magic find taking influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Diet View Post
    Everyone has magic find influence. However if a player doesn't have any magic find stat, then their magic find influence is zero. This influence is a percentage chance to upgrade an item.

When a group of players kills an enemy, the system takes the average influence of all players involved in the kill (whether in party or not).

tldr: The best use of magic find while in a group is for the group as a whole to have as much magic find as they can have. Those who take part in the fight with no magic find are watering down the odds of a magic find taking influence.
    Awesome, thank you for sharing the secrets! That makes my life a lot easier. I am actually surprised that it works like that,i definitely didn't expect a new somewhat complex system for handling the stat.

Cool stuff! Thanks again!
    .:: Priestess of <Eternals> // US1 ::.
    Holy Mastery: all things priestly | blog

Quote Originally Posted by Diet View Post

Uh oh this is why we need inspection lol! Don't you be watering down my magic find!!

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    EU1 Akitrie, US1 Nutmeg
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpuppy View Post
    Uh oh this is why we need inspection lol! Don't you be watering down my magic find!!
    lol true

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Snow Fairy
    i keep magic find gear in my bags just in case I go on a gear run.