Thread: Auction House

Auction House

Have noticed on EN / EU that the Auction House is rarely used.
    and at times on other servers also that is not being used as much as could be.

Would it be possible to THINK on putting an Auction House NPC located in Summers Hollow,
    so that new people in game, (granted, no, they do not have the cash to buy), BUT they can get used to buying and selling stuff on the AH.

At this time, people look in the AH, but see limited or nothing on the Auction Block being offered. So they stop looking, and rarely offer stuff. Get them used to it earlier ang the Auction House will be used far more.

If it would be possible to use the auction house, I would start using it...

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    EU1 Akitrie, US1 Nutmeg
    EU1 usually has plenty... it’s just with the AH bug and all nobody is putting stuff in it.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Layla, Lola, Lolita & Lance Littlenymph
    I use it once for each character for the sake of getting the achievement.
    After that, I will pop on it if I happen to be passing by it... sometimes... just for the sake of seeing if something interesting like a crowns bag or a gnogpack has been posted to it.

I WOULD use it to post stacks of mats, refined mats, stacks of supplies, motes and so forth, but I don't because the time restrictions placed on listings is too short.

Honestly, I don't think the AH is that well constructed in terms of meeting the players' needs and expectations. It comes across as something of a good idea with not so good execution. I think your suggestion has merit in that it will make players more aware of it, which could serve to increase its usage, but from a personal perspective, I will never make more than limited use of it unless it gets an overhaul.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    One reason the Auction House isn't being used much is that they said for us to not use it until the next patch due to it being bugged

Server
    EU2
    Chars
    Paranoia, La Flute
    i could imagine an overhaul of the AH is already on the dev's to-do-list.

would be cool to put stuff in it for a longer time (2 days a little short), on the other hand people could then use it as an extended vault and personal stock (just make your stuff too expensive for other players to buy).

yeah, AH is not populated that much, because of the actual bug. but your idea, liston, aims on the longer term...

from a merchants point of view (in RL i'm a merchant and marketing guy) you are fully right in your conclusion. make people aware of the AH much sooner ingame, and they will use it more often at a later time. and if it's only a travelling merchant with ox and carriage (near the center of summers hollow), who will talk about Ardents AH, that would be great!

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    ekimie
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
    i could imagine an overhaul of the AH is already on the dev's to-do-list.

would be cool to put stuff in it for a longer time (2 days a little short), on the other hand people could then use it as an extended vault and personal stock (just make your stuff too expensive for other players to buy).

yeah, AH is not populated that much, because of the actual bug. but your idea, liston, aims on the longer term...

from a merchants point of view (in RL i'm a merchant and marketing guy) you are fully right in your conclusion. make people aware of the AH much sooner ingame, and they will use it more often at a later time. and if it's only a travelling merchant with ox and carriage (near the center of summers hollow), who will talk about Ardents AH, that would be great!
    Can we have the travelling vendor with ox and carriage to BE the auctionplace please? ^^