Thread: Shadow - Help me with your tips ( last update)

Shadow - Help me with your tips ( last update)

Hi I just started few days ago. I have now a priest full shadow lvl 24 while im leveling professions to. Did myself a society member because im impress on how nice this game is plus the community its so far the best i ever seen. Wich makes me more in love for this game and to support it.

But i have some questions about my priest since every guide i see or found..people is full holy or they are very old guides. Or not the last update ones that some people say stuff changed.

My plan at the end is to be a dps priest with the hability to heal my self and maybe others. So maybe shadow 80% dps and 20% holy healer.

Can any of you the professionals or older players can give me recomendations on my build? I need to ask because im learning a lot of stuff at the same time.

I really apreciate.

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Priest Daimheach
    If you are going full shadow, My suggestion would be to fill in the shadow/balance tree on your talents. For weapons, you'll want shadow spells, obviously....There are several heal spells that you can use - I would recommend only one or two if you're trying to be more shadow (there aren't enough slots on weapon to do a lot of mixing). The full heal spell is located on a crafted weapon - Mass heal is also on crafted weapon. Cure (small heal) is on necklace. Bless (small heal with a bit of protection) is on a dropped weapon.

If you get to the point that you have 'extra' talent points, I would recommend putting 10 into Consecration on the holy tree - this will give you the spell absorb shield, which can be very helpful - AND doesn't take a spot on weapon.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DaimTest View Post
    If you are going full shadow, My suggestion would be to fill in the shadow/balance tree on your talents. For weapons, you'll want shadow spells, obviously....There are several heal spells that you can use - I would recommend only one or two if you're trying to be more shadow (there aren't enough slots on weapon to do a lot of mixing). The full heal spell is located on a crafted weapon - Mass heal is also on crafted weapon. Cure (small heal) is on necklace. Bless (small heal with a bit of protection) is on a dropped weapon.

If you get to the point that you have 'extra' talent points, I would recommend putting 10 into Consecration on the holy tree - this will give you the spell absorb shield, which can be very helpful - AND doesn't take a spot on weapon.

Hope that helps.
    Thank you soo much for this I copy every single advise and names. Helped me a lot.
    Hugs there!

At lower level, I agree to get Absorb Shield~ fill in Consecration. At L68 Shadow Priest (100% Shadow) I don't use anymore, though.

You'll be using a lot of spells so... Balance~ Well Read and Natural Talent are very useful.

Shadow Talents: Hexing Shadows and Shadow Affinity increase your Shadow Mastery and are vital.

However, I have over 8.0 Attack & 8.0 Defense Ratings because of Rank #5 in Crafted Gear. This is the foundation of my build. All of my gear are "Rare" with +4-Levels power and 6-Reinforced Runes each. I have over 30-Runes adding buffs to my character. (Poise is the best!) If you can start crafting L25~29 Shadow Gear (30+x), this will help you out substantially.

Good-Luck and let me know if you have any further questions.
    Maple

PD and Maple Syrup's advice is good. The best combination I've found so far is to open with divine hammer for the stun. That gives seven seconds to put up 3 or 4 dots and hit shadow orbs to hopefully detonate them all and usually kill or almost kill a bounty. If it doesn't detonate, hit darkfrost and back away, using autoattack to kill or put up some dots again. Gloom will come off cooldown if you used it right after the hammer and the bounty should be in range for contagion (not on the mace) by then. Second shadow orbs should finish it off if it's still up. I prefer cure to heal because mace space is limited, but it is slower and weaker (so using stun, slow, and, if possible, shield to avoid damage is key). Vampiric pact is horrible, but useful on a spare mace for out of combat.