Thread: Improve Zone progression mechanics - Bevyn's Collie +

Improve Zone progression mechanics - Bevyn's Collie +

Hello,

Putting a plea here to please, please, change how access is granted to later zones starting post Bevyn's Collie. As it currently stands having an arbitrary limitation based on the number of daily quests available is not a very encouraging mechanic. This delay in zone progression is especially poor considering the amount of experience needed to progress levels. At the time experience is most needed is the time it is most limited? That seems like a backwards design.
    Additionally why are the daily quests repeats of the main quest that a user progresses through the zone with? Chasing Rasmus was annoying enough the first time without having to repeat it every day. If daily quests must be used it is probably time their experience rewards is boosted. At this stage of the game it takes millions of experience to level and these quests award 6000? Way too poor considering these quests are repetitive already so it is a repeat experience for a poor reward. It should be changed to either be a new quest so there is some novelty or increased reward if I am having to repeat a quest.
    Creating a progression system that encourages not playing the game is NOT a fun mechanic. My best option is to play for 30 minutes and log off until the next day. This is not exactly why people play MMOs (not everyone wants to be a farmer either).

Potential fixes -
    Remove the daily charter limit - If I want to chase Rasmus 800x in a day to progress to the next zone let me. Being stuck in a zone allows nothing else to do.
    Additionally add a monster kill bounty that scales like Pinbone - 20 mobs = 1st icon, 50 mobs = 2 icons, 100 mobs = 3 icons, etc...or whatever the scaling would be. This way by fighting mobs for minimal experience we can at least progress forward.
    Have monster experience remain constant - As I level in this zone, having to wait to progress, not only do I get less experience per monster but the experience needed to level goes up. Going from 76-77 the regular mobs went from giving me 3k experience boosted to 2k experience. In addition the amount of experience to level to 78 went up several million. Not only do I get less experience but again I am forced to remain in a zone with no way to progress other than not playing the game. This way if I can't progress in the zones at least I can progress in levels.

This game is way fun and I thoroughly enjoy playing it! Please change/improve this mechanic. This is a first in any mmo I have played and again doesn't make sense in an engagement factor.
    Last edited by Ghale; 10.11.2017 at 13:12.

Royal Guardian
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    GoGoGadgetGo
    Mostly I think these things are there to hinder our progress so we wouldnt burn thru the content too fast. And yes they are annoying. Currently thou you can get the key in 4 days. It was 7-8 days before so they are making things easier as we get new content to play. And btw you can enter rye even without getting to Copse of Treants aslong as you meet the lvl requirement. So can progress in the game via another path.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGadgetGo View Post
    Mostly I think these things are there to hinder our progress so we wouldnt burn thru the content too fast. And yes they are annoying. Currently thou you can get the key in 4 days. It was 7-8 days before so they are making things easier as we get new content to play. And btw you can enter rye even without getting to Copse of Treants aslong as you meet the lvl requirement. So can progress in the game via another path.
    That completely misses the point. Just because it is less time now than it used to be does not make it a good system.
    The overall reason this is a terrible system is that it advocates a player playing less as they get to a higher level rather than playing more. As I leveled up and progressed I could spend 10+ hours a day playing as there was plenty to do. Now it takes me 30 minutes to clear the bounties/daily quests and I am done. Clearing old bounties in other zones at a lower level is completely not worth it (this is addressed in one of my points of not have experience from monsters scale as level changes). We already need more experience as we level and having monsters all of a sudden give half of what they did is just a further penalty.
    You don't keep high level players in game by putting arbitrary delays in zone/leveling progression. No other MMO, that I am aware of, has ever done this for many reasons. How you entertain high level players is having raids or dungeons that require team-work to overcome obstacles. Not sitting around waiting for daily charters to reset to progress.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    US1 (Armageddon, Anarky, Korruption, Execution) US2 (Kayaus, Sinizter, Extinction) EU1 (Vyrus)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghale View Post
    How you entertain high level players is having raids or dungeons that require team-work to overcome obstacles. Not sitting around waiting for daily charters to reset to progress.
    Exactly.
    For the Underdogs

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Karen Souldancer, Hershey Pie, Ava Guardner, Chocolate Pizza, Karen Spellcaster
    I love your suggestions... not asking for them to be nerfed totally, but giving challenging options to move things along faster. The scaling bounty option would be interesting. I'm sure there would be a few that would grind enough to finish the collection in a couple of days. Maybe one of the harder quests could be made infinitely repeatable (Rasmus, or the potion one.)