Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Thread: Movement Changes - Update and Clarification
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    Karen Souldancer, Hershey Pie, Ava Guardner, Chocolate Pizza, Karen Spellcaster
    Can these changes be introduced gradually?
    E.g. before taking away the old enchantments, let us try out the changes to the mounts (specifically auto-mount after combat) This would give us a chance to test out this feature and give feedback.
    Last edited by KarenSouldancer; 10.01.2018 at 17:37.

Thank you Diet and Otters for taking the time on this issue, and the explanation and the details. Would Speed Potions ever be a possiblity to add to Item Shop? They could be made to increase speed to maximum mounted speed, be time limited, and let us run with that nostalgic gameplay feel that I've become accustommed to for most of the time I've played the game. I don't know if it's a good or bad idea, but maybe some fans of running fast in the previous style of gameplay would appreciate it and it would be fun.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Jack13Renewed

Change

I think most legacy players hate the idea(not all) and don't want this change to happen. Or the change can happen but as long they can keep their speed enchantments which I think is abit selfish of them but yes they have paid for it and it was made available to them some time ago.

To be honest change is inevitable. And the the devs cannot satisfy everyone. We all are different, so our likes and dislikes are not the same. Players should try to keep open mind and be considerate towards others. Yes, speed is crucial in VH. Im not sure, but was there post explaining why they took out the speed enchantments?

Even so, I think the change is quite fair no one will be left out and everyone will have access to the new 'speed gear' like it was years ago.

It's like we are writing a review on a book that we never read. So give it try we won't know until we've tried it. There is quote that says that if don't like something change it and if you can't change it, change your attitude.

Just enjoy the game and everything that comes with it .
    *EDIT*- Read diets post on why they can't bring speed enchantments back.
    Last edited by Renewed; 20.01.2018 at 14:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Renewed View Post
    I think most legacy players hate the idea(not all) and don't want this change to happen. Or the change can happen but as long they can keep their speed enchantments which I think is abit selfish of them but yes they have paid for it and it was made available to them some time ago.

To be honest change is inevitable. And the the devs cannot satisfy everyone. We all are different, so our likes and dislikes are not the same. Players should try to keep open mind and be considerate towards others. Yes, speed is crucial in VH. Im not sure, but was there post explaining why they took out the speed enchantments?

Even so, I think the change is quite fair no one will be left out and everyone will have access to the new 'speed gear' like it was years ago.

It's like we are writing a review on a book that we never read. So give it try we won't know until we've tried it. There is quote that says that if don't like something change it and if you can't change it, change your attitude.

Just enjoy the game and everything that comes with it .
    *EDIT*- Read diets post on why they can't bring speed enchantments back.
    I don't think I'm being selfish at all. Not in the slightest. It is perfectly reasonable for me to be mad about losing something I valued a lot, as well as being mad about the 'much resented thing', with which it is being replaced.
    There is Beauty in Madness.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Please remember when posting to keep to the topic and not call out other members, name-call or make unkind comments to or about others.

Everyone has the rights to post how they feel, even if you do not agree we expect everyone to be respectful.

Royal Guardian Angelina Copperscale's Avatar
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    AngelinaCopperscale
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
    I don't think I'm being selfish at all. Not in the slightest. It is perfectly reasonable for me to be mad about losing something I valued a lot, as well as being mad about the 'much resented thing', with which it is being replaced.
    I don't think you're being selfish either. not at all. I read the bit on why speed boosts couldn't be brought back and it didn't make the slightest bit of sense to me. not one bit. it's just so self-evident that making the speed boosts available to everybody and leaving everything else the same would have been the right call. I lose sleep over this.

I'm considering quitting over this change myself. when my virtual world falls prey to the very same kind of political/managerial nonsense that drove me away from the real world, what's the point of it anymore? and I know of a few people that would be thrilled to see me go anyway.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Snow Fairy
    I wish we could have kept the legacy speed boosts in the item shop and had the mounts too. let the players decide which ones they want to buy.

@ Angelina Copperscale I am always sad to see long time, respected players leave the game.
    Last edited by Snow; Yesterday at 18:15.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Rockhard, Rockshot, Rocklord, Doc Rock, Rockette
    As a long time player, going on 7 years now, it is my opinion that this is a very good change. The devs are working hard to make the new system feel as close to the current system as possible. Players with legacy enchantments will experience very little difference. When it's all said and done, we will have a fair and unified system for all players. Isn't that what we have been asking for?

I paid for my speed gear, and occasionally received pieces from generous friends, and the running and jumping at breakneck speeds is still one of my favorite parts of the game. But guess what? We will still have that same experience. What difference does it make whether you are using an invisible enchantment or an invisible mount to achieve the same effect? Oh, and let's not forget we are gaining an increase in max speed over the enchantment system. So we will still be running and jumping on foot as always, but even faster!

Not only will these changes benefit everyone, and eliminate the horrid gap between old and new players, they will improve the experience of the current mount system as well with the automount feature.

The devs are knocking it out of the park in this case, and being extremely generous as well. I, for one, will be thrilled to have the speed issue put to rest once and for all.