Thread: Improve Grinchta's Lighted "Dance Floor"
    User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Zazie, Blue Glowworm

Improve Grinchta's Lighted "Dance Floor"

Another player in the event zone a few days ago pointed out that the red, green, yellow, and blue lights at Grinchta must be awful to try to deal with if you're color-blind! We all agreed that the concept makes the fight more interesting, but tried coming up with a suggestion of how to make it fair for all players.

What would happen if the lights weren't just colored, but also had different SHAPES? Maybe greens and blues could be diamond-shaped & reds/yellows could remain round-shaped OR be star-shaped instead. (This would allow a color-blind player to easily distinguish between red lights and green lights.)

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Great idea!

User
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    Rukiawinter (hunter), Ichigo Strawberry priest), lil ru(warrior)
    yes good idea for sure I am color blinded and somehow always on red lights until someone in local chat says my toon name and tells me I am on red lights, however since lights are colored there's a way around it u follow ur guild mates or if there not in event zone then find a friend who is. since I am color blinded that's what I do, when I do rift runs with the tree guy and his plants, I am told stay on the boss even know hunter, since he has red plants that knock out hp, and blue one that heal him I can't tell the difference on colors. least there's way around it.

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Karen Souldancer, Hershey Pie, Ava Guardner, Chocolate Pizza, Karen Spellcaster
    hmm yeah, I think red-green colourblindness would have the biggest problem here since red/green/yellow all look yellow or greyish-yellow. An easy solution would be just to change the intensity/shades of the red/green lights so that one appears much darker than the other.
    Blue-yellow colourblind people shouldn't have a problem, I think. The intensity is usually enough to differentiate. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

(They would still have to learn which shade means what, but we did also by experimentation.)