Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Thread: pure villager problems
    Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean with this bit, can you elaborate?
    When we all started after Starfall, none of us started with the best or the top level gear. You CAN use common, uncommon, rare, epic or legendary gear at any time and still be able to function. I know I started with a lot of uncommon gear and did OK, until after a while I found some good drops, made some better gear and was able to slowly move the numbers on my stats up.

I made mistakes along the way, changed all my gear out a few times but kept moving forward. I made some huge boo-boo's by gnogmenting the wrong gear together and made legendary gear into common LOL!

But some people tell others to only use or settle for legendary gear is being unkind and unfair, and yes I have seen people telling new and returning players just that. Yes, if possible having legendary is great, but I see some people constantly asking others to craft them legendary gear because they heard you have to get legendary from crafted gear. They do not understand that you get legendary from enhancing and you can only enhance in an improved village. I have crafted only a few items and used the uncommon gear, and not bothered making the 25-ish to get rare as well. The thing is, no one should be told what they need to use, but I think that is what some are seeing others do.

We CAN bounty and do it quite well while using less than legendary gear, I have done just that on both test and live. And on live now I do have a lot of legendary, but also epic and rare. And my toon is doing pretty good at lvl 88.
    Last edited by IrishElf; 14.01.2018 at 14:11.

Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Majenta, Jena A, Arcola
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelina Copperscale View Post
    I think they mean that players should satisfy themselves with less-than-best, i.e. "uncommon" gear. of course, that's from the standpoint of somebody that doesn't really seriously play MMOs. no serious player wants anything but the best possible gear. but they're saying you can play adequately with gear that's merely uncommon, and this is true for a casual player. they overlook the fact that serious players of course view the 5 stars to get the best possible gear as mandatory, the alternative being labelled a "casual" player, a vehement insult to serious MMO players.
    Given that you clearly consider "casual" as the very worst of insults, I would appreciate if you wouldn't keep applying it to me.

The point I was making is that a new player does not require to make 30 + items to get perfect gear.

There are two reasons for this.
    1) At low levels, uncommon gear is more than good enough to allow you to kill everything in sight.
    2) Gathering the monster parts alone will level you up far beyond the level of the gear you are trying to make anyway.
    If at first you do succeed - try not to look surprised!

Find me in game as Majenta EU1

Support : http://www.villagersandheroes.com/co...tomer-support/
    Terms of Service: http://www.villagersandheroes.com/terms-of-service/ and Forum Policies : https://forum.villagersandheroes.com...cement.php?a=2

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Rose Heart, June Gardener, April Meadows
    There should not be any back doors the traven Isles or stone gardens. Villagers should have Village only quests that come out of the village itself, Summer's Hollow, or Ardent. There should be no crossovers between the Villager and the hero that way there's no back doors no loops and no free rides for the Villager to get the high-level crafting zones. They are just like the Heroes going through combat to get to the high levels, but With Village only zones and quests.

The Royal Charters and the traven medallions already provide the basic blueprint that could be applied to Village only Quests that can unlock various other regions for Gathering and crafting.
    Last edited by Rose Heart; 16.01.2018 at 18:47.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Layla, Lola, Lolita & Lance Littlenymph
    When I look at the design of this game it seems rather clear that the various jobs have been designed to work together and in order for that to happen, they need to be developed together. A well-balanced character is not a "hybrid" by any stretch of the imagination. If your character is well balanced, you are playing it the way the game was designed to be played. If you are trying to play a pure hero or villager, you are working at odds with the design. That's not to say you can't do exactly that if it is what you want to do, but why would anyone be surprised when doing so proves difficult?

To begin with, I actually liked the balance in V&H, but I'm a little surprised that any casual players like myself are still around after the Starfall update. V&H has evolved from a whimsical, casual, social game, into something much more complex and hardcore. I have stuck with this game for a variety of reasons, but if I were starting it today, I doubt that I would stick with it for very long. At this point, I'm just trying to hold out for the long-promised side content "that never gets old" but if it does not come around this year, I'm doubtful that I'll still be around when it does.

I can't think of a kind way to say this, so I'll just be blunt. If you are a casual style of player that is looking for a relaxed and social game, I no longer feel that you fit the target demographic for the new V&H. I'm not saying that you should leave; I'm just amazed that you are still here. Perhaps as a new generation of players come on board, a market will develop for that gear some of you want to hang around in the village and produce all day, but it's going to take a little while for that to happen. Then again, perhaps if threads like this continue to pop up, the devs will eventually get around to giving a path for pure villagers or heroes to advance. It would destroy the last vestige of what this game was designed to be, but at this point, I'm not really sure that matters anymore. We are so far removed from what we were, I no longer have any idea what we will be a year or two down the road.

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Rose Heart, June Gardener, April Meadows
    Pure Heroes can already advance without touching a single Village skill. Therein actually lies the problem in that there is no path for Pure villager while a pure Hero has a clear and easy path.

Inferior common and uncommon drops actually make it very easy for a hero only to progressed very quickly throughout the entire game. I firmly believe these drops should be removed and only rare or epic drops should remain.

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Priest Daimheach
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose Heart View Post
    Inferior common and uncommon drops actually make it very easy for a hero only to progressed very quickly throughout the entire game. I firmly believe these drops should be removed and only rare or epic drops should remain.
    This is simply not true. At least for a priest - we NEED crafted items to get heal/mass heal. Those spells are not found on dropped weapons. For other classes as well, there are feats that you simply cannot get from drops - you MUST get them on crafted weapons. I know of no one that completely skips crafting anymore. They used to, but since Starfall, those who DID skip crafting have been playing catch up, from what I've seen.