Thread: what to do?
    Banned
    Server
    US2

what to do?

I am wondering what can I do to help a player in game not be afaird to go anywhere in game? the player got into a bit of trouble last year I started noticing the day they were allowed back , they told me they couldn't do an event run if a certain player was there, so they didn't really have fun running the zones, if either of the players saw each other it meant one left the event zone and didn't get to do event runs until the other one was busy with something else. It seems so unfair every hour one would have to miss out. Now it February and the one player is upset and sad they were told don't go to elder runs to. But the real problem is if they see the player in same zone they can't talk to they must leave. Every player should have fun right? How is this consider fun every yellow dot they see on zone maps could be that person which means giving up running the zone until later and teleporting elsewhere which cost them alot of silver which adds to gold. A player should't be forced to play this way? So why is this happening. I watch for a few mins while my friend went to a zone, then they told ugh I can't run this zone someone is here it could be the other player, and my friend told me that for 5 zones they ended running depths but that's below there combat by 50levels no player should have to play this way in fear and sadness it's just wrong .what will happen in event zone runs and new zones to come? I am pretty sure devs don't want any player to feel left out, or a player feeling like there not allowed to go to any zone they want to bounty in. It sad to see a player scared of every yellow dot on a map in a zone and they feel like they have to leave and the player they don't want to be there might not even be there in the zone.

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Frostalite
    You don't say whether this is a sanction imposed by devs/mods(which I have not previously heard of) or self imposed.
    If this is self imposed, then IN MY OPINION, the answer is simple. Be the bigger person, be the more mature person, turn the other cheek, I think you get the idea.
    Event zones are mostly cooperative areas, so you can attain your goals without competition from others. If there is something that 2 might be trying to attain, the game makes plenty of that item available so there aren't conflicts.
    In regular zones , the bounties respaen fast enough so there are not long waits, again to avoid conflicts.
    The elders now give each player a fragment so again, no competition. Otherwise, I also play on US2 and there are almost always players to help with elder runs, so if you just wait until the one run is done another run can be formed.
    If your friend comes in contact with the other player and tensions rise, maybe they should both listen to my 4 year old grand-daughter. "Step back, take a deep breath!"
    Casual Ice wizard (slightly Fire) on US2
    Frostalite on forum and in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanka3.0 View Post
    the player got into a bit of trouble last year I started noticing the day they were allowed back , they told me they couldn't do an event run if a certain player was there, so they didn't really have fun running the zones, if either of the players saw each other it meant one left the event zone and didn't get to do event runs until the other one was busy with something else.
    We have talked to you about this on multiple occasions, so I will repeat this here publically and one last time: We would never tell anybody not to be in a certain zone because other players are there. Period. You (or "the other player") have never been told that. This is simply not true.

The only thing we said to "the other player" is, that if you or "the other player" can't behave like a responsible adult when dealing with certain other players is to not interact with them, basically you should just ignore them. You can of course be in the same zone, raid, event, whatever, as long as you simply ignore the player(s) in question. That shouldn't be that hard and contrary to RL, V&H also gives you some tools to make this easier, like for example the block feature.

Everything else is a self-imposed, totally unessesary and overly restrictive "rule" you, err "the other player", has invented, so I suggest to just play the game, try to have fun and ignore all players you can't deal with without creating drama for you, them and the rest of the server. It really is that simple!

Also, I would like to remind everyone that logging into someone else's forum account, and pretending to be them is against TOS.