Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread: Tutorial on how to get a house
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Rockbane, Rockshot, Rocklord, Doc Rock, Rockette
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    i like it but please don't make the requirement tradable, it does not guarantee the player would get a house but instead ask in chat for free cabbages.
    The quest dialogue could be as simple as "Well done! You have proven yourself a mighty hero, but you must also hone your skills as a villager. Talk to Donald by the village portal to learn how to get started, and return to me once you have finished his task."

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Layla, Lola, Lolita & Lance Littlenymph
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    i like it but please don't make the requirement tradable, it does not guarantee the player would get a house but instead ask in chat for free cabbages.
    Very true. Much the same as the newcomers that start begging for potatoes soon after reaching Ardent. That said, I'm not trying to suggest a specific quest objective, just that housing needs to be pulled somehow into the main quest line, or made a mainline quest, outright. I think Braveshoe has hit on how to accomplish doing that in his last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Braveshoe View Post
    The quest dialogue could be as simple as "Well done! You have proven yourself a mighty hero, but you must also hone your skills as a villager. Talk to Donald by the village portal to learn how to get started, and return to me once you have finished his task."
    Yep... that would do it.
    No huge, complex, changes. It simply converts the Housing quest into a mainline quest by making it one of the requirements of an existing mainline quest.
    Awesome solution, Braveshoe.
    Last edited by Layla Littlenymph; 22.02.2018 at 06:46.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Snow Fairy
    I like the idea of adding a talk with Donald to the main quest.

Another thing i would do is remove the option to select our housing style while we are making our toons. I think this may confuse players into thinking they already have a house somewhere. this could be added to the Donald quest or when they player first selects a village sign to buy a house. FYI this idea is not original for me, i read it someplace on forums.