Thread: Inventory management.

Inventory management.

Managing my inventory is the most difficult thing for me to do from mobile. I play both PC and mobile and both have their advantages. Some people say they prefer the way mobile sorts their vault. I can understand this if they started on mobile and then went to PC and saw the mess. I sorted my vault in a similar way on PC however my wood and fruit are in separate vaults for instance. It's easier for me to find them that way and to distinguish which ones I need more of or if I am getting low on naturals. If I play on mobile and have to store something in vault I pray I can find it before I forget about it hehe. And the vault lag is real on mobile when you have over 1000 different items in there. It's like the action house with all selected, all the time lol

Also there is no way to distinguish the items you'd like to keep, from the ones you want to salvage while you are using the salvaging rod. I'd suggest to make salvaging an option from the item's use menu. Or at least displaying the item's quality from the salvaging list. I'd be happy to just salvage all my greens and less. As it is I just leave all item loot lay on the ground besides blue or better and jewelry trinkets if I'm looking for certain runes. It's just too much trouble (for me) to try to deal with it all on a mobile bounty run. Maybe I'm just spoiled from the ease on PC.

Lastly, I am deathly afraid of destroying items that I have worked hard for. I rarely bother gnogging, selling or destroying items until I get to my PC. I have already lost items I really wanted to keep due to the lagging menus or an accidental click. I might blow a gasket if I sell the crafting jewelry it took days to make. Gnog away the magic find helm that finally dropped. Or Salvaged my DPS sword I used 7 sockets on :/

I'd like to suggest a buy back button at vendors, an undo option for gnogging, and a lock I can put on my most valued possessions. Even if the buy back and undo buttons only worked for a few minutes, I'd have the confidence to do these things on my phone. And the ability to lock an item and not have to worry about a mis-click or lag would be priceless. These would be great options on PC as well, but are more important to make mobile functional imo. I think the people who should consider this will see it here anyhow.

Have a great day everyone
    Last edited by Meja; 15.02.2018 at 05:12. Reason: Tried to clarify some things.

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Karen Souldancer
    Yes please, can we look at inventory management for both PC and mobile?

For PC:
    - something like a button at the top of each vault. "Sort this vault" and "Sort all vaults" (with a "are you SURE?" confirmation for that one)
    - to be able to move stacks between village vault and bag with Shift+click
    - [lower priority but would be very nice to have]: designate bags as "gear" "gathers" "misc (quest, gems, zogs)". Picked up items go into those bags first until bag is filled, and then the first available slot.

For Mobile:
    I don't (yet) have the lag issues as Meja, but with all the gear variations since starfall, this is a headache. I often don't pick up gear because of how long it takes to inspect it, or have "pick up and inspect every piece as I go" using "view in inventory" popup.
    (Meja, you're not going to want to hear this - the greens often have better runes so you might want to look at those too!)
    - modify the equip mode of the inventory window:
    *don't exit out of equip until slot is tapped (right now you are automatically exited to normal inventory when equipping and item, [actually, why not just add an [x] on the top right of the parchment background to close equip view instead of needing the instruction "tap slot again to cancel" (the 2[x] for the equip mode and the entire inventory window might look weird, but I think it should be clear]
    *allow us to delete or gnog from equip view.
    - allow us to salvage from both the equip window and the inventory window.

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Sinizter, Kayaus, Anarky, Armageddon, Vyrus, Execution, Extinction, Korruption
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenSouldancer View Post
    Yes please, can we look at inventory management for both PC and mobile?
    For PC:
    Anything but an accordion based Vault system! Just put static buttons, please!
    US1: Armageddon, Anarky, Korruption, Execution
    US2: Sinizter, Kayaus, Extinction
    US3: Vyrus

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Rockbane, Rockshot, Rocklord, Doc Rock, Rockette
    I don't see any reason why vaults shouldn't work exactly like our bags with the sorting function as well as showing the background colors on items.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Zazie, Blue Glowworm
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
    Anything but an accordion based Vault system! Just put static buttons, please!
    This is starting to drive me crazy, too! Almost every time I'm moving things around in my vaults (to try to attempt to organize them), I'm constantly accidentally changing which vault tab I have open! (And when you have 20 vaults on one toon alone, it's sooo annoying!) What happens is this: I'm on pc. I click on an item in vault 14, say. I pick it up & while I'm dragging it across the screen from the vault over to my open bag, the cursor also drags across every other vault number to the right and below the one I currently have open -- until it reaches its destination!

So, by the time my cursor is over on top of my open bag where I want to drop the item, I no longer have vault 14 open, but now have vault 26 or 28 open instead! This means that after I release the item into my bags, I have to reselect vault 14. And this repeats for almost every single item that I need to move around in my vaults! (So long as I'm trying to drag it across the rest of the open vaults and over into my bags) Quite annoying & it makes me even less inclined to try to keep things neat and orderly -- so that I can find all of those unbound pieces of gear that I have shoved into every nook and cranny...

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Zazie, Blue Glowworm
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveshoe View Post
    I don't see any reason why vaults shouldn't work exactly like our bags with the sorting function as well as showing the background colors on items.
    I want the vaults to show background colors sooooo badly!! It gives you an easier visual of your vaults' organizational system, without having to look at the detail screen for each item.

I probably would use a vault sorting option about as frequently as I use the option to sort bags. (Never, except when I'm on the test server.) LOL But I do recognize that if you can accept how the program sorts your bags, it's incredibly handy!!

Thx for the input guys, and I agree with your ideas too. I gave all that came to mind at the time and was mostly from a mobile view. And for the record I do look at the greens and commons until I find the best runes for the slots. Just don't need to do that anymore afterward I'd just like to be able to distinguish the keepers from the junk somehow when salvaging on mobile. Try it, you use the salvaging rod and all you get is a list of items with no color coding or descriptions hehe. I just leave it on the ground to save the time of sorting it lol
    Last edited by Meja; 15.02.2018 at 12:23. Reason: Typo

Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Mutsie
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveshoe View Post
    YES!! big fat glowing YES!! on background colours inside the vaults.

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    ekimie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutsie View Post
    YES!! big fat glowing YES!! on background colours inside the vaults.
    Pfff, amateur. 'Glowing' comes MUCH better to its right if you use YELLOW.
    For example: YES!!!!!!!!
    (also, I think my size button is broken? when I clicked before editing it nothing happened, when I clicked edit it worked again)

See? much more glowy
    Last edited by ekimie; 16.02.2018 at 12:07.

I have to add to this now. When you are moving things between inventory and vaults, the stack size sets the order of the list. If I am trying to move my village gathers and the stack size gets smaller than a stack of naturals, they swap places in the list. Then I am moving the naturals instead. They keep swapping back and forth according to which stack is larger. I'd like village gathers and nats to have different colored backgrounds or letters. Idk how many times I've gone to remove random stacks of village gathers from our community vault and I'll bet this has something to do with it. I might have even been me putting in random bits of village stacks hehe. The same thing happens when you are breaking down materials. If the stack gets smaller than another it will swap positions making it difficult to keep track of how many you are breaking down. This is even crazier on PC. The stack you are actually breaking down might not even be in the same bag lol.
    Most importantly we must have the ability to split stacks on mobile. Either one by one into a mail/trade/auction is crucial. I don't know how many times someone asks for an item I have but I'm in the middle of nowhere and no way to break the stack. I have accidentally sold a stack of something on AH for the price I wanted for one. And it's just very inconvenient to have to use your vault as a workaround to this all the time. Please fix this soon.