Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread: Low-Level, Post-Starfall, Ice Wizzies
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Red Wizard
    I always use deep freeze. stuns the monsters in their path and also shockwave. Once stunned you can kill them easily.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Chiarale
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    I'm just trying to get more ice wizzies to crawl out from the woodwork
    :crawls out of the woodwork, gives up in despair, sets woodwork on fire:

User
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    Harlequinne
    I'm a level 59 ice wizard with talents spread in both arcane (66%) and ice (33%) trees. None in fire.

I can fairly easily solo everything up to the higher levels of Pyrron, even places several levels higher than my hero level. But I do have a staff that's maxed out and have Crystallize, Way of the Tortoise, Conjured Regeneration, and Crystalline Mentality accessory runes, as well as Frost Nova, Frost Barrier, and Invisibility ultimates.

If I was going to choose just 3 feats, I'd go with javelin, hoarfrost, and depending upon your talent build, ice shield if you have Frost Barrier or ice floes if you don't. Ice shield is good, but without Frost Barrier, I think it's inferior to ice floes for the simple fact that ice floes has a rapid cooldown, can be used quickly in battle, and restores more health than the damage ice shield absorbs. But with Frost barrier, I think the scale tips in favor of ice shield.

But those three feats will give decent dps as well as defense.
    Last edited by Harlequinne; 01.06.2018 at 09:58.

I used Ice Javelin (slows), Glacial Spike (big hit), and Hoarfrost (fast hit). Plus Frost Nova (ae stun) from talent points, Crystalline Mentality (parking++, buff) from spellbook, and Crystalize (parking) from necklaces. Indomitable constitution (health) and Insight (mana) from trinkets. And kept my crafting up enough to always have the highest healing and mana potions. I did this until level 75, where I used my first sockets, mostly so that I could more reliably solo in Fungal caverns of Balsido. The sockets were used to add: Deep Freeze (parking, big hit), Bitter Chill (big ae hit), Ice Storm (just for fun), and Ice Shield (for when target resists parking). I've not noticed any reason to have Ice Floes, most battles don't involve getting hit very much.