Thread: travel stone

travel stone

since this item is still in play, may be you can consider making it possible to summon other players with it, players can group and the invoker of the travel stone can summon group members to his side subject to their acceptance, would be a good way to summon other players for trade or to village, i would trade through mail but your mailing system doesn't have a cod option so trading through mail is precarious and not palatable

thank you

Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Majenta, Jena A, Arcola
    Except travel stones are no longer obtainable in game, so this would be a temporary effect at best, and would only be available to players who have been playing since before the change to travelling with in game gold.
    If at first you do succeed - try not to look surprised!

Find me in game as Majenta EU1

Support : http://www.villagersandheroes.com/co...tomer-support/
    Terms of Service: http://www.villagersandheroes.com/terms-of-service/ and Forum Policies : https://forum.villagersandheroes.com...cement.php?a=2

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Many zones you need to obtain access by level or earning passage.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Layla, Lola, Lolita & Lance Littlenymph
    I think it is highly unlikely that you will ever see a "port to friend" or summon feature in this game for the reason that IrishElf pointed out. Many of the upper tier zones are earned access. If players could port or be summoned into those zones, they could grab the travel pad while they were there, which would defeat the earned aspect of being able to enter the zone. The devs would either have to totally remove that aspect of the game, which would require a major rewrite, or go through the process of setting which zones could or could not be accessed in this manner.

As for the travel stone itself; as Majenta pointed out, yes, the travel stones are still in play, but they will only be in play for a limited time. They are an obsolete item and are rapidly dwindling with each passing day.

To be honest, I actually like the idea of being able to port to a friend, but it would have to be through some means that works with the current game structure. I support the idea but do not support this as a means to achieve that objrctive.

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Danilo664
    Quote Originally Posted by knnindy View Post
    since this item is still in play, may be you can consider making it possible to summon other players with it, players can group and the invoker of the travel stone can summon group members to his side subject to their acceptance, would be a good way to summon other players for trade or to village, i would trade through mail but your mailing system doesn't have a cod option so trading through mail is precarious and not palatable

thank you
    Game needs new updates , i agree , but this is something we don't need. We can teleport to any map/area , call it what you want , and i think that's enough.

I am sure that, if you call your friend, they would check to see if your friend had access to the zone you are in - they do that all the time with the portals and this would just be one more (special) portal. It would be funny, if you didn't have access, to put up a picture of a door, then of your toon, banging his/her head on the door and the door never opening... then zapping you back to where you started

key requirement remain as is, i'm not overriding that feature or any other feature of the game for that matter with my suggestion, my suggestion has to do with making it more convenient for players to help out other players in need assistance with elders or whatever it is that they need help with and it think it's cool to post on chat, "need help, can summon", and once summoned, the player is right next to you

Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Majenta, Jena A, Arcola
    Whilst I agree that it might be helpful to be able to summon players to your exact location, I do not actually think it is really enough of a benefit to justify the time required to add it in.

In the case of the elders for example, most higher level players know where the elders are (we need to be reminded now and again which is which, but we do know) and can run from the tp to the elder in no more than a couple of minutes.

To take another common example when a player asks "How do you get to the Broodmothers in swamps of Grogul?" all I have to do is teleport to Swamps, then invite the player to party and I can see them on my map and join up with them quickly and easily.

If summoning was added, I can imagine World chat would go something like this -

Young Gun : Can someone help me with Gloomspar please, I can summon.
    Old as the Hills : Where are you?
    Young Gun : I'm right beside him.
    Old as the Hills : OK, omw.
    Young Gun : I can summon you.
    Old as the Hills : Nah, save your summon stones, I have AS
    Young Gun : I have plenty of summon stones.
    Old as the Hills : Look behind you
    Young Gun : Ohhh...
    If at first you do succeed - try not to look surprised!

Find me in game as Majenta EU1

Support : http://www.villagersandheroes.com/co...tomer-support/
    Terms of Service: http://www.villagersandheroes.com/terms-of-service/ and Forum Policies : https://forum.villagersandheroes.com...cement.php?a=2

well, there are players who like to fight bosses on level, don't ask me why cause i don't understand it either but i know for a fact that there are players who prefer participating in the fight on level, and new players who see such post might be enticed enough to join the group since they can be summoned

and being able to summon or be summoned is always cool for me regardless whether it's accepted or not

and my suggestion isn't any different from the resurrect and revive mechanic, 1 uses an item to port the player in a location of his choosing, while the other will port him to a predetermined location set by the game

at any rate, it's just a want and not a need thing, if the game thinks it can make extra revenue from it w/o having to do much code changes since the travel stone is already there, fine, if not, fine as well