Thread: Leveling fire wizard

Leveling fire wizard

Hello,
    Can someone tell me what stats to go for for leveling fire wizard? Thanks!

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Illuthas
    Not necesarily the strongest build but its well rounded and it will take you where you want to go.

Stats in order of importance
    1. Magic resist and Armor until you have about 30-40% defense. +2 Pcs of Vigor (this will keep you alive)
    2. As much Clarity and Will as you can comfortably get.
    (The main restriction for you damage output is mana. Lower cost and faster regen means more DMG)
    3. Savagery, Brutality and (Increases damage)
    4. Shielding and Poise. (somewhat useful)
    5.1. Experise, if you use AOE skills with long cooldowns
    or
    5.2 Haste for extended fights against elders.

Talents
    Incinerate (free fireball)
    Ice bloom (Go for Frost nova early, AOE stun)
    Set ablaze (running away is really good)
    Cauterize (reasonable source of healing)

Trinkets
    These are your greatest tool for adapting to various situations.
    I generally prefer Brutal Force and Conjured Regeneration but I switch things around depending on circumstances.

Skills
    Early game:
    Fireball+Combust and manfire/fireburst/scorching burn

From Saphiras Lament (lvl 55)
    Fireball+Fireburst and Flaming Meteor/Inferno/Combust

Thank you, that'll get me going

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Zazie, Blue Glowworm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluerider View Post
    ....Once you hit level 45 you can get trinkets....
    A minor correction related to trinkets: All players can equip two trinkets beginning at lvl 35. At lvl 45, you can start to wear class tokens.

And while I know many awesome fire wizzies, my little wizzie alt is mostly ice, so I won't comment on the fire subclass. However, I think it's important to stress that what works well for another player won't necessarily work for YOU! Playstyle and personal preferences are the name of the game.

I suggest playing around with different ideas suggested by other players. Some may work for you as is. Others may need to be adapted somehow to suit you! Don't be afraid to experiment. Keep in mind that figuring out which stats are most important to you, which feats you like best, etc. is less expensive at the lower levels when you have less investment. That's BEFORE you start using sockets, before you have vaults full of gear for one specific submastery, and before the crafting, gnogging, and enchanting costs for your gear skyrocket!

Banned
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Valenskaar
    I maxed out arcane abilities before touching on the others. Afterwards I plugged points into the fire attributes. After 4 rebirths I'm incredibly overpowered. I pull aggro without meaning to. My firestick kills almost anything with no help!

Quote Originally Posted by Illuthas View Post
    Not necesarily the strongest build but its well rounded and it will take you where you want to go.

Stats in order of importance
    1. Magic resist and Armor until you have about 30-40% defense. +2 Pcs of Vigor (this will keep you alive)
    2. As much Clarity and Will as you can comfortably get.
    (The main restriction for you damage output is mana. Lower cost and faster regen means more DMG)
    3. Savagery, Brutality and (Increases damage)
    4. Shielding and Poise. (somewhat useful)
    5.1. Experise, if you use AOE skills with long cooldowns
    or
    5.2 Haste for extended fights against elders.

Talents
    Incinerate (free fireball)
    Ice bloom (Go for Frost nova early, AOE stun)
    Set ablaze (running away is really good)
    Cauterize (reasonable source of healing)

Trinkets
    These are your greatest tool for adapting to various situations.
    I generally prefer Brutal Force and Conjured Regeneration but I switch things around depending on circumstances.

Skills
    Early game:
    Fireball+Combust and manfire/fireburst/scorching burn

From Saphiras Lament (lvl 55)
    Fireball+Fireburst and Flaming Meteor/Inferno/Combust
    I am following this for an alt wizard of mine and it seems to be going really good. I would like to add that if you are patient, you could also craft some decent rare armor to get that extra armor and vigor bonuses. I never thought of making a semi tanky wizard but it actually makes leveling so much better.

User
    Server
    EU2
    Chars
    Lazara Mage
    Actually, as a wizard you want to have as much tankiness as you can get. You will get a lot of agro and you should be able to survive quite some time. This is especially true for bossfights where crowd control does not play a role anymore.

Cheers,
    Laza

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Rockbane, Rockshot, Rocklord, Doc Rock, Rockette
    That's one way to do it. However, my philosophy as a fire wiz is to kill so quickly the enemy doesn't have the chance to hurt me. It makes leveling effortless, I never have to worry about health except in drawn out fights. The only fights I feel squishy in are the 85 elders, but that's manageable and obviously I'm not going to structure my build around those rare events.

Fire wiz can be an extremely fun subclass to play, that is if you enjoy watching hordes of your enemies melt in front of you.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Snow Fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveshoe View Post
    That's one way to do it. However, my philosophy as a fire wiz is to kill so quickly the enemy doesn't have the chance to hurt me. It makes leveling effortless, I never have to worry about health except in drawn out fights. The only fights I feel squishy in are the 85 elders, but that's manageable and obviously I'm not going to structure my build around those rare events.

Fire wiz can be an extremely fun subclass to play, that is if you enjoy watching hordes of your enemies melt in front of you.
    I would love to see your build.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Rockbane, Rockshot, Rocklord, Doc Rock, Rockette
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I would love to see your build.
    Which reminds me, we need an inspect tool.