Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Thread: Wellspring stack size request
    Server
    US3
    Chars
    Eltu, Ivar Otter
    Quote Originally Posted by knnindy View Post
    and an improvement to the game for me would be finding the cause of the lag and finding a solution for it, not this cheat of a fix

is the stack size really the cause of the lag? i don't even think the developer made changes to the field size, they just adjusted a routing and made the game accept no more than 250
    In this particular case, most likely (I have not looked at it personally) this lag has nothing at all to do with stack sizes, but is simply a result of the game having to load and list potentially thousands of items at once. Thus, this "cheat of a fix" is literally an actual fix as the issue is caused by an excessive number of items.

Royal Guardian
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    GoGoGadgetGo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivar Hill View Post
    In this particular case, most likely (I have not looked at it personally) this lag has nothing at all to do with stack sizes, but is simply a result of the game having to load and list potentially thousands of items at once. Thus, this "cheat of a fix" is literally an actual fix as the issue is caused by an excessive number of items.
    I am wondering if you could make it so that the game doesnt load all your vault inventory into every map. Only on the maps that have actual vault. And wondering if it would make the load times on maps better for characters with massive amounts of stuff? And just asking as I am not tech savvy so no clue how the game does it but just seems to me that character with alot of stuff has massively increased loading times compared to characters with minimal amount of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivar Hill View Post
    my cheat of a fix remark was in reference to the suggestion that reducing stack sizes somehow resolved the issue of lag for other people, it's not meant to belittle the amount of work that was dedicated to the updates

and if you had needed to chop up anything, it should have been the gems

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Layla, Lola, Lolita & Lance Littlenymph
    We are only about a month away from another game expansion.
    Every game expansion has always contained a number of bug fixes. The vast majority of them have contained tweaks, adjustments, and refinements to gameplay. Many of the adjustments that get included in expansions and updates come from player input from the Test server and this very forum.

The devs have a limit as to how much information they can release prior to an expansion going Live. We always get a certain amount of information prior to the installation but some things we just have to wait and see. Perhaps topics like this one would be better off tabled until after the expansion goes Live? We can always revisit this topic, if necessary, once we see what the devs do or do not have in store for us.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by knnindy View Post
    and an improvement to the game for me would be finding the cause of the lag and finding a solution for it, not this cheat of a fix

is the stack size really the cause of the lag? i don't even think the developer made changes to the field size, they just adjusted a routing and made the game accept no more than 250
    Just a FYI, this thread is a request to change the stack size. So naturally all posts here would be about stack size.

Beitrag

An interesting note: Stack size increased to 350 with the new build,

now 25% of the people are complaining "I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE STACKS AT 250 THE MATH IS TOO HARD WITH 350, REDUCE IT BACK DOWN"

the next 25% the complaint is "REDUCE THE STACKS BACK DOWN TO 250 OR UP TO 500 THE MATH IS TOO HARD WITH 350"

the other 50% its either "THE STACKS ARE STILL TOO SMALL" or "THANK YOU FOR THE STACK SIZE INCREASE" or something in between

Last edited by Panthera; Yesterday at 08:40. Reason: missing part of a word
    Kaya Kittyfeathers Priest US1

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Rockbane, Rockshot, Rocklord, Doc Rock, Rockette
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    An interesting note: Stack size increased to 350 with the new build, now 25% of the people are complaining "I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE STACKS AT 250 THE MATH IS TOO HARD WITH 350, REDUCE IT BACK DOWN" the next 25% the complaint is "REDUCE THE STACKS BACK DOWN TO 250 OR UP TO 500 THE MATH IS TOO HARD WITH 350"e other 50% its either "THE STACKS ARE STILL TOO SMALL" or "THANK YOU FOR THE STACK SIZE INCREASE" or something in between
    Shhhh... everyone chill before Damon makes good on his stack size of 1 threat from the livestream. O.o

Server
    US3
    Chars
    Eltu, Ivar Otter
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    An interesting note: Stack size increased to 350 with the new build,

now 25% of the people are complaining "I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE STACKS AT 250 THE MATH IS TOO HARD WITH 350, REDUCE IT BACK DOWN"

the next 25% the complaint is "REDUCE THE STACKS BACK DOWN TO 250 OR UP TO 500 THE MATH IS TOO HARD WITH 350"

the other 50% its either "THE STACKS ARE STILL TOO SMALL" or "THANK YOU FOR THE STACK SIZE INCREASE" or something in between

I think you mean that 35% of people are complaining about thing A, 35% of people are complaining about thing B, and 70% of people are... no, wait a minute...

Why not just 500? C'mon man, it'll be ok