Thread: Issue with mob material drops?
    Server
    US3
    Chars
    Petulant, General Tso, Dark Hydrin

Issue with mob material drops?

Hello. I wasn't too sure where to make this thread, but here seemed most appropriate. Anyways,

For the past two days or so, I've hit a huge wall regarding material drops from mobs so that I can craft.

Since the creation of my latest toon, I've been gathering and crafting a boatload in order to keep my equipment at 5 stars every level. I like doing this cos it gives me goals and something to do. As you can imagine, 5-starring takes a lot of gathering, especially for leathers.

The problem is that now I cannot get leathers to drop. I used to be able to farm Skeletons in Oak Valley for 1 Bristlefur Leather per 1 kill. This already felt like a steep grind considering that I have killed hundreds of Skeletons, thus acquiring hundreds of Leathers in return. But now this ratio of 1:1 no longer exists for me. In fact, the Skeletons don't drop a darned thing in the way of crafting materials. I asked for alternative locations in WC in-game, and the suggestions I got yielded no positive results. Trader's Path was one such suggestion and the most I got out of that was a Bristlefur PELT maybe every 5-6 kills. Since Bristlefur Leathers need 2 pelts if gathered this way, and I get one pelt every 5-6 kills, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that it's now exponentially more difficult and frankly grueling to try crafting anything of worth.

The only explanation I can think of is that now I might be too high of a level to get drops from Skeletons. I'm only level 23. I was able to get the Leathers 1:1 at level 22 just two days before. Where am I now supposed to get the leathers at the 1:1 ratio I enjoyed previously? I don't think I can enjoy this game anymore if the most enjoyable part (in my opinion) is now more of a major pain than any kind of pleasure.

If this is some kind of a bug or if anyone knows where Bristlefur Leathers (and other Leathers for future reference) drop 1:1 and at what level, please let me know. Thanks all.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    I don't know if you knew this but when you target a mob or bounty their cameo tells you what they will likely drop.

Raised the chance for a Pelt to drop from 20% to 50%. Raised the chance for a Leather to drop from 15% to 25%.

That's what written on patch note, so it's never 100% drop, may be yesterday a luck day and today a bad day?
    but i do feel you get more loot when your level is close to the zone, so if you're lvl 23 try a lvl 23 zone. Try to ask the guild of guide npc if you're not sure where to go on your level
    Last edited by Giruv; 07.06.2018 at 14:20.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Snow Fairy
    I understand your frustration. have you tried raising boars?

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Chiarale
    Maybe you could try Bearhold Crypt? A week or two ago, I was getting a bristlefur leather from almost every creature. Good luck and happy farming!

yeah you over leveled the mob so they don't drop, you have to go to a higher level zone to get leather/pelt drops again, remember you can go to the next tier pelt and convert and then make the leather to bypass, or if you don't want to craft the leather yourself, find a buddy to make the leather from pelts. I know this response isn't what you really want to hear but is way things are.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    FaunaG, Fion
    I just had to farm level 1 pelts myself. I found that you get pelts more often than leathers so I would suggest doing that. I was in cronk and got pelts from almost every kill of creatures. When I killed zombies I'd only get a leather every once in a while.