Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread: Same House All Characters
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    Priest Daimheach
    Actually, yes...It IS really common. I know people who play 5 active characters - and level up ALL skills on them. I also know people who play all 5 characters and ONLY do villaging stuff. They don't play the combat side AT ALL. I also know people who ONLY get a house to have the vault space - no garden, no ranch. I have a main character, and then grow extra pigs on an alt and extra chickens on another. Each player has their own way of doing things.

And another question - what about players who have characters in multiple guilds and villages? I have several guildies that have their main character in my guild and have alts in other guilds and villages - so that they can help those guilds/villages with projects.

I don't think that many would buy something from the item shop to condense everything. For one, they can do it for free as it is - why would I spend money on that? And for two, the above - where they are playing in different guilds/villages.
    Last edited by DaimTest; 13.06.2018 at 09:15.

That's why I think it would be better if it were a choice and an item that does it was just a general idea for a vehicle that drives the change. That model that you just explained is awesome. If I had unlimited time I would enjoy it. However, that isn't my reality and I can't imagine that either of us are alone. That being said, my focus was to have a way to play and experience the other fighting styles and have all of my characters in one guild without having to sacrifice housing in the area or take up 10% of the space....

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Snow Fairy
    I played games with gardening where all the garden plots were available to be used by as many players who wanted to use them at the same time, like our crafting stations are now. we could see what the other players were doing, planting or watering, etc, but not their crops or animals. If we can do this for crafting we can do this for gardens and ranches too.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by VickVega View Post
    True the XP thing would be something to consider. Maybe it still only calculates XP as if it is one player... Who is really logging on with 4-5 characters and farming non stop on all of them? Is that really common?
    Yes, for a long time. (Welcome to our obsession LOL)

I have a warrior raising pigs and chickens, priest and wizard raising sheep, and a hunter raising boars. Each is raising the animals most beneficial to their class and has enough to share with the others. I do log on to them all and tend to their farms several time a day. I do wish this could be streamlined a bit as it takes me 30-45 mins each time to tend to them all. I feel like it is a chore that I eventually reap the rewards from. I have plenty of pies and potions, I have plenty of leather or wool to make any gear or components I might need. And when wellspring changed the cooking recipes and started requiring leather to make weapons, it only took a day to adjust. I also have extra to sell and don't have to pay or rely on anyone else when I need stacks of leather or cloth to 5* a recipe. (I really do wish they would up the stack size, I can hardly afford to store my harvests every day.) I can really understand why this would get to monotonous for a lot of people. I'll gladly sell mine to them I'd kind of feel cheated if others could just harvest once and reap the rewards as if they had done it 4x.
    I have been thinking about this situation a lot. I don't see why we couldn't have the option to have our alts live in the same lot, and each house appear and function as a different house to each toon. I think this would reduce the population stress on the limited housing. It would allow guild members' alts to live and contribute directly to the guild village (otherwise they are just living in other villages and not contributing there). This would also free up room in other villages that are trying to fill with helpful neighbors or guildies. I have all my alts in my village, but if I thought we could use the space for another contributing player, I'd be willing to let my alt live in my basement hehe. There really isn't a shortage of housing anymore, and the # of villages/lots must already have the server stress figured in there. So this thought might cause more problems than I can consider. I just started thinking about this because of so many alts in the public village I have been working hard to improve. They don't help my village at all, they send their donations to their main village. And prevent a (possibly) more helful toon from moving in.
    Last edited by Meja; 13.06.2018 at 14:54.

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Priest Daimheach
    I like the IDEA - I just don't think it will work. You are assuming that a player only uses alts for garden/ranch - or that they are in the same guild as main. Many players have alts in different guilds (and different villages because of this).

Something else to consider. Given how many people DO play alts in this game, and given that there is NO shortage of housing, wouldn't 'stacking' houses (ie using same house for multiple characters) eliminate a lot of houses? That would bring populations down a LOT in villages...Some guild villages may open because of this suggestion (don't forget, we have to maintain 40 houses in village!) We already have 25 villages that have less than 10 characters in them on US2. I would hate for that number to increase.

In case you don't know - you're asking devs to change something that is a (probably temporary) problem on ONE server. Don't get me wrong - I love people posting ideas....but, assuming the population drops again on US3 (as it has on other servers), the problem will resolve itself without changing anything.