Thread: Mobile vs PC Features
    Server
    US3
    Chars
    Sinizter, Kayaus, Anarky, Armageddon, Vyrus, Execution, Extinction, Korruption

Mobile vs PC Features

Not sure if there is already a thread like this, if so, please close this and direct me to that one.

Just wanted to keep a list of the missing features between platforms.

Missing from Mobile:
    1. No sell gems button in the vendor
    2. Unable to send a mail to everyone in the Guild

Missing from PC:

Royal Guardian
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    GoGoGadgetGo
    Missing from pc: Feeding animals as it is on mobile.

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Zazie, Shiny BlueG, Skipperdee, Auntie Social
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGadgetGo View Post
    Missing from pc: Feeding animals as it is on mobile.
    Yeah, this is a biggie for me, as a pc only player. I don't have the option to play on mobile, unfortunately. I know of quite a few pc players who either switch devices or who specifically log in on mobile just to garden & ranch! It's probably the only mobile feature I'm jealous of. (And I would NOT want to see the mobile UI for inventory management introduced to pc! I hate to think about how horribly messy all my vaults would become. Also, with the amount of combat gear in my vaults (some of it rebirth & the rest unbound), how the mobile system would organize it would NOT be what I wanted!)

Also to be added to the list of features missing from mobile:

The ability to split stacks without placing items into the vault and then removing part of the stack.

There is no activity log for the community vault on mobile. This is necessary for a mayor to tell who robbed them. Also helps to see how courteous people are with their usage and if they can be trusted with more access.
    There is no damage meter on mobile.
    You can't see another player's crafting/gathering abilities.
    It is really hard to count how many stacks of something you have in your inventory if they more than fill the screen. The smaller stack sizes amplified this.
    It is not easy to distinguish between natural and village gathers.
    The way item descriptions are displayed makes it difficult to determine what you want to sell or salvage. There is actually no description at all while in the salvaging menu. It is very easy to sell or salvage the wrong item due to clumsy fingers or lag. There should be a buy back or a lock system in place for your valuable items.
    You don't see when your friends/guildies log in.
    You cannot select a name from chat to whisper/mail/block etc
    There is no knowledge book. This is common knowledge but just throwing it in there to help make a complete list in this thread.
    Last edited by Meja; 16.06.2018 at 14:41.

Server
    US3
    Chars
    Eltu, Ivar Otter
    Quote Originally Posted by Meja View Post
    There is no damage meter on mobile.
    Could you detail what you mean by this?

User
    Server
    US3
    Chars
    Aernak, Yondalla, Karametra
    Missing from Mobile: Ability to wipe away Bubble Coating in Bevyn's

Ivar, I mean on PC when you type /charts, you can see how much damage you are doing in a fight compared to anyone else that is fighting a boss. There is also healing done, damage taken and a few other charts (though some don't work anyway). There's​ not much room on the screen for this on mobile, but maybe the charts could be available after the fight? I like this info to decide what stats are working better for me and which drams are more beneficial.
    Healing is very cumbersome on mobile, the chat pop ups cover the party frames. You should be able to select a party member with a single click.
    I had also remembered that there is no global notification when a player kills a zingara, or a group kills a boss. Not really important imo, just adding it to the list.
    You can't really see your progress toward the next craft/gather level unless tou are making progress ATM.
    You can't see the durability status on your gathering tools while gathering. The globule pop ups tell you how much is repaired instead of the tool status. Green repairs 10%, blue 20%, and purple does 40%, and does not vary and the tool durability status is more useful information.
    It would be nice also if the gathered pop up displayed the amount of the materials in your inventory rather than the fact that you obtained some of the material labeled on the node.
    It always seems like I'm forgetting something but I'll just add anything else I come across later. Thanks for starting this thread btw Skaaveek, hopefully we can get a complete list in one place for the otters to consider what features to implement sooner, later or never hehe
    Last edited by Meja; 18.06.2018 at 13:52. Reason: Added a few details

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Rockbane, Rockshot, Rocklord, Doc Rock, Rockette
    Quote Originally Posted by Meja View Post
    hopefully we can get a complete list in one place for the otters to consider what features to implement sooner, later or never hehe
    Something tells me there is a whiteboard filled with this list, and more, lurking somewhere within the Otter Den..

On mobile:
    You can't see the names on the other houses in your village to see who lives where.
    You can't name your livestock.
    You can't tab out for a minute to look at discord/wiki/forum or whatever without being logged out.
    There is no way to see how much xp is needed to level anything.
    There is no link to the V&H website or forums. This would be more useful​ than the redundant way to open the map.
    You can't see your party members on the map.
    You can't copy/paste to the chat window.

The last 2 used to be possible so I'm assuming it's just a bug now. Copying from the chat was never possible and might be too complicated, it would be nice but not as necessary as being able to paste links or discord info and such.

User
    Server
    US3
    Chars
    Aernak, Yondalla, Karametra
    Mobile has absolutely no way to see xp progress for Elder Levels.
    (At least for levels 1-90 we had a progress bar, which was better than nothing.)