Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread: Being the best wizard you can be . The how to guide to runes builds and maximizing ut
  1. #1

    Being the best wizard you can be . The how to guide to runes builds and maximizing ut

    First of all welcome to the mage class you made a good choice .
    Mages are dynamic adaptable and devastating in combat .... if u can survive that is !

    So let's talk about your utility for a moment . As a mage u not only provide dps but you also provide support . Both to a team and to yourself solo.
    What does this mean ... well u have stuns . That's right folks u have spamable low cooldown stuns which can paralyze ur foes while u nuke while groups. And secondly for all of my fellow fire mages out there . U have cauterize omg the heals . So u can heal yourself and stun . Super good.
    So why does this matter well it means that it can be hard for things to kill u

    So step one start building your ability points around the fire mages cauterize. To maximize your healing as well as your other fire mage skill slots they add damage . Free spell casting and healing.
    Next u want to unlock frost nova your second heal. I know fire mage why am I wastin points in ice..... because it's a stun and is super good . Then fill in ur arcane with a little frostfire for more damage .

    But all this is basic your smart u probably already know all this .

    Next we should talk about gear and play style .
    I myself like the barrel into a group of mobs and just brute force them till they r all dead .
    But you may like to snipe from afar as part of a group. Here are some tips to help you out

    Gear and runes are everything . Player made gear is expensive but worth every penny . Down side it costs sockets...boooooooo...ikr.. that's why I say dont do this until ur at least lvl 65 .

    Until then u should rely on elder gear and drops to get u by the road may be hard but u can do it .

    So runes for those at 65+ for the back of the room sniper who likes group play load up your dps savagry brutality mastery intellect expertise juggernaut poise flux glory voidstrike runes r ur friends put those runes on your gear in staggered combinations to maximize your attack rating and dps .

    Now for all of u like me that want to play as a tank dps mage ur build requires some finesse. First up ur going to be looking for specific stats on gear and specific runes
    Stats . Bonus armor and magic resist stats r critical. The rest can be anything that isn't shielding or blasting . It will balance out between the armor pieces. U want high savagery and brutality as well so a rune here a stat there will help tremendously.
    Runes: armor and magic resist on everything . Vitality intellect savagery brutality haste expertise clarity vigor voidstrike are the runes u will build into each piece in what ever combination suits u best

    U will be tanky and deadly u will tank elders solo steal aggro from everyone and destroy your foes dont believe me ask me to kill your elders 70 and below solo I'll happily do so .


    Spells: you want as many fire spells as possible to maximize your chance to heal. As well as frost nova . For a stun
    Anything else is really up to u . And always remember to have someone enhance your gear to max and use preparations after that. And as always gnog safely.

    Have fun . That's most important .
    If you have questions are need in depth advice or info message me here or ingame (better chance to get me ). And I'll break down everything i know

    Happy hunting guys .
    Bandos

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Posts
    2,691
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Majenta, Jena A, Arcola
    Frost Nova isn't a heal, it's a stun.

    The wiz heal spell is ice floes, from ice wiz crafted staff.
    If at first you do succeed - try not to look surprised!

    Find me in game as Majenta EU1

    Support : http://www.villagersandheroes.com/co...tomer-support/
    Terms of Service: http://www.villagersandheroes.com/terms-of-service/ and Forum Policies : https://forum.villagersandheroes.com...cement.php?a=2

  3. #3
    Royal Guardian
    Posts
    1,210
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    GoGoGadgetGo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandos View Post
    First of all welcome to the mage class you made a good choice .
    Mages are dynamic adaptable and devastating in combat .... if u can survive that is !

    So let's talk about your utility for a moment . As a mage u not only provide dps but you also provide support . Both to a team and to yourself solo.
    What does this mean ... well u have stuns . That's right folks u have spamable low cooldown stuns which can paralyze ur foes while u nuke while groups. And secondly for all of my fellow fire mages out there . U have cauterize omg the heals . So u can heal yourself and stun . Super good.
    So why does this matter well it means that it can be hard for things to kill u

    So step one start building your ability points around the fire mages cauterize. To maximize your healing as well as your other fire mage skill slots they add damage . Free spell casting and healing.
    Next u want to unlock frost nova your second heal. I know fire mage why am I wastin points in ice..... because it's a stun and is super good . Then fill in ur arcane with a little frostfire for more damage .

    But all this is basic your smart u probably already know all this .

    Next we should talk about gear and play style .
    I myself like the barrel into a group of mobs and just brute force them till they r all dead .
    But you may like to snipe from afar as part of a group. Here are some tips to help you out

    Gear and runes are everything . Player made gear is expensive but worth every penny . Down side it costs sockets...boooooooo...ikr.. that's why I say dont do this until ur at least lvl 65 .

    Until then u should rely on elder gear and drops to get u by the road may be hard but u can do it .

    So runes for those at 65+ for the back of the room sniper who likes group play load up your dps savagry brutality mastery intellect expertise juggernaut poise flux glory voidstrike runes r ur friends put those runes on your gear in staggered combinations to maximize your attack rating and dps .

    Now for all of u like me that want to play as a tank dps mage ur build requires some finesse. First up ur going to be looking for specific stats on gear and specific runes
    Stats . Bonus armor and magic resist stats r critical. The rest can be anything that isn't shielding or blasting . It will balance out between the armor pieces. U want high savagery and brutality as well so a rune here a stat there will help tremendously.
    Runes: armor and magic resist on everything . Vitality intellect savagery brutality haste expertise clarity vigor voidstrike are the runes u will build into each piece in what ever combination suits u best

    U will be tanky and deadly u will tank elders solo steal aggro from everyone and destroy your foes dont believe me ask me to kill your elders 70 and below solo I'll happily do so .


    Spells: you want as many fire spells as possible to maximize your chance to heal. As well as frost nova . For a stun
    Anything else is really up to u . And always remember to have someone enhance your gear to max and use preparations after that. And as always gnog safely.

    Have fun . That's most important .
    If you have questions are need in depth advice or info message me here or ingame (better chance to get me ). And I'll break down everything i know

    Happy hunting guys .
    Bandos
    Quote Originally Posted by Majenta View Post
    Frost Nova isn't a heal, it's a stun.

    The wiz heal spell is ice floes, from ice wiz crafted staff.
    If you read it carefully you notice he says to have frost nova as a stun skill.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Posts
    2,691
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Majenta, Jena A, Arcola
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGadgetGo View Post
    If you read it carefully you notice he says to have frost nova as a stun skill.
    From OP "Next u want to unlock frost nova your second heal"

    I am sure he meant to say second stun (as indeed he does say later).

    I was merely pointing out the error.
    Last edited by Majenta; 04.07.2018 at 05:35.
    If at first you do succeed - try not to look surprised!

    Find me in game as Majenta EU1

    Support : http://www.villagersandheroes.com/co...tomer-support/
    Terms of Service: http://www.villagersandheroes.com/terms-of-service/ and Forum Policies : https://forum.villagersandheroes.com...cement.php?a=2

  5. #5
    User
    Posts
    1,102
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Zazie, Shiny BlueG, Skipperdee, Auntie Social
    First off, thank you for creating a how-to guide for the fire wizzie! (However, I really do feel that the title of this thread should reflect that it's subclass specific: Not ALL wizzies are, or should be fire wizards.)

    A few other comments/suggestions:

    If you want other players to reach out to you in game, you might want to include your server -- either within your post or as part of your forum profile.

    Yes, making 5 star crafted gear is pricey. However, I also agree that it's worth every penny -- For the reinforcement runes, if nothing else. Being able to boost specific stats (particularly epic ones) is awesome! But you don't have to spend sockets! In particular, there's little need for it below lvl 55. If you really can't stand slower-paced combat, you can limit yourself to using ONE socket on your staff when you're in the lvl 40-55 range. But it isn't really necessary. That being said, I wouldn't wait until the mid levels to start crafting your own gear. (Nor would I wait that long to start learning the nitty-gritty about crafted gear -- which base stats are available on which pieces of gear, where all of your different options for reinforcement runes are, how you like to build the foundation of your gear....If you at least begin to familiarize yourself early on, it will seem less overwhelming later, and you will have a better sense of which common, uncommon, and epic stats YOU most value!) And I DO strongly suggest crafting your own gear and mastering recipes for yourself. Players come and go from the game. You may know someone active now who has all the recipes mastered that you will want to have access to later on, after you rebirth, say (or after the game changes in a mind-blowing way!) If you master your own recipes, you won't have to worry later on about finding someone who can meet your specific needs -- which is especially important with the highest lvl recipes. (I remember a few years ago when legendary crafting (on lvl 75+ gear only) was introduced. Some guilds put their eggs all in one basket. Few of those players who had subclass recipes mastered are still active now!)

    If you're going to have your gear enhanced, and you have the crafting skills sufficiently high enough to do it yourself, then why not?? Yes, not all villages have high enough ranked crafting stations to allow their villagers to enhance gear, but you can't make the opposite assumption either. Depending on the server, some do and some don't. (Though it's worth noting that far more villages on the older servers have the ability to enhance gear than on US3.)

    Regarding blasting: Some players love it & others hate it. That's true of all the epic stats except for magic find. It's all about figuring out your own play style.

    Regarding intellect runes: After the major changes with Starfall last fall, once I started getting a sense of which reinforcement runes I liked, I quickly realized that spending a socket to get an intellect rune is NOT part of my personal strategy! I would spend a socket for WILL, not for Intellect. (I find that my intellect is high enough just through my base stats.) If your mana isn't regenerating fast enough, it doesn't matter much what your max mana is!

    Finally, thanks again for sharing your ideas!

  6. #6
    User
    Posts
    1
    Server
    US3
    Chars
    Sonaison Dimick
    Wow. What an amazing thread. I’ve been working without a net here. I made a frost mage. Level 25 now. I think I’m going to start over. I feel like I’m severely under powered. I’m going to look around for a frost mage guide. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. Thank you for post.

  7. #7
    User
    Posts
    220
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Ekimie, Dutchie
    Quote Originally Posted by Golonio View Post
    Wow. What an amazing thread. I’ve been working without a net here. I made a frost mage. Level 25 now. I think I’m going to start over. I feel like I’m severely under powered. I’m going to look around for a frost mage guide. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. Thank you for post.
    You dont need to entirely restart. You can entirely reset your talents for a small goldfee and easily craft some new gear to get a stronger build.

  8. #8
    User Giruv's Avatar
    Posts
    198
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    Verrier, Zelena Moonlight, Urtear
    or just wait till lvl 30 and rebirth