Thread: Incredibly Long Load Screens?

Incredibly Long Load Screens?

I haven't played this game for quite some time, and in fact I started playing again on mobile where the game behaves fine so far. However, I downloaded the client on my PC today (running an nVidia 970, 16GB RAM, I forget my processor, but it's more than capable of handling this. I run Ark on epic settings no problem. I run GW2 max settings no problem.)

Loading into the game has taken over 40 actual minutes. What is going on here? It's on a mechanical drive but it's not a drive from 20 years ago, it's maybe a year old and nothing else on that drive has issues, I run most of my games from it.

I never expected the mobile version of this game to run so much better than the PC version, that's very backwards for me, personally.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    FaunaG, Fion
    If you haven't been here in a long time, probably it's because you're downloading/installing the updates.

Okay, perhaps that's the case. It would be really nice if the game could indicate as much rather than sitting at 100% on the loading screen and behaving like it has crashed and giving me absolutely no feedback. :/

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Verrier, Zelena Moonlight, Urtear
    Is it the loading screen or launcher? if it's loading screen update shouldn't be there... if it take more than 5 minute it's better to relaunch the game, if that still happened most of the time it's because the zone crashed, then you might have to wait a bit till the zone reboot. If that happened and you can get in from mobile just fine, try to verify asset and/or reinstall and if the problem still persist send ticket to support. As you say your pc spec shouldn't be the problem i'm playing from an old pc with onboard gpu and only 2gb ram, and the game runs fine

So it seems to be related to my old character, rather than the client or anything. I had an old character from I guess, some years ago on NA server 1 and any time I try to load that character I can't log in, be it on PC or on my phone. On the PC it just sits with the full bar and on my phone it just says "Preparing zone, please wait" for all eternity.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Kifyi View Post
    So it seems to be related to my old character, rather than the client or anything. I had an old character from I guess, some years ago on NA server 1 and any time I try to load that character I can't log in, be it on PC or on my phone. On the PC it just sits with the full bar and on my phone it just says "Preparing zone, please wait" for all eternity.
    MAybe try to close out and relog? You can also verify assets (gears on the log in screen) to check to be sure all the necessary parts are there.

Also uninstall and reinstall the game sometimes helps.

Your old account should still be there waiting for you.

I know that it's there and waiting for me. I can see my old character and I used the free recustomize on her but when I try to log into her, either on mobile or on PC, it never gets through. It just sits. I have tried relogging a few times, it does the same thing and reinstalling hasn't helped either.

Server
    US1
    Chars
    FaunaG, Fion
    I know that it's there and waiting for me. I can see my old character and I used the free recustomize on her but when I try to log into her, either on mobile or on PC, it never gets through. It just sits. I have tried relogging a few times, it does the same thing and reinstalling hasn't helped either.
    If you've already uninstalled and reinstalled, at this point I'd say it's customer service ticket time. Good luck!
    (link in Rishi's post above yours)

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Verrier, Zelena Moonlight, Urtear
    have you check if the zone where that toon parked not down? from your description its look like that character stuck on a zone that's gone down, so may be telling your character location on the report or ticket can help

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    How far does the loading screen go? The progress bar I meant.