Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Thread: Mobile Chat Feedback Wanted!
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    Karen Souldancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris30s View Post
    I play on a tablet and it's definitely different for me... and, in fact, the reason I'm posting here.
    I would rather that the keyboard not automatically open when I tap on the main screen to open the chat screen. If I tap in the text entry area, then I would expect the keyboard to pop up. But there are times when I open the chat screen just to see lines of chat that I missed, because it went by so fast on the main screen, and having the keyboard auto-pop just hides more of what I opened the chat to see in the first place.
    I think we want the same thing - the keyboard used to open automatically when tapping the chat button, now it doesn't. That's GOOD - I want it like this too). Problem is now there's a bug (possibly) - I need to do 3 taps (4 if you count the one to open chat) to start to write something: chat button, text entry, main chat area, text entry again. I shouldn't need the 2nd and 3rd tap.

User
    Server
    US3
    Chars
    Hawklin Lane, Myrleena, Tolin
    android and iOS:
    I like the chat alert pop up but would like the choice to select channel to see here. Can select channels to send in and review when chat is open but the pop up shows all channels all the time. When the world chat is busy we sometimes miss messages from the channel we need to be seeing. Especially when the trolls come out and aggravate the chat.

Whisper or reply to private would be nice. Can be done on the whisper channel with the command line but if it could be an alternate solution to click to reply that would be nice.

Chat expiration: meaning after some time it seems the cache gets full bogging things down a bit sometimes. Don’t know if this is global data streaming on the client side or just chat. If it is the chat, is it possible to clear or have old messages expire after some time to keep the mobile client side moving along. If it isn’t just the chat is there a way to clear the cache? I know there is the clear channel command but didn’t see anything to clear the game cache. Going back to the main screen and logging out seems to work ok sometimes. Other times it’s necessary to stop the game and relaunch the mobile client. Not as noticeable on iOS as I use the iPhone X with loads of extra memory.

iOS: I don’t have the problem where it was mentioned the they had to open chat then tap multiple times to get the keyboard. When I open the chat on iPhone X the focus goes to the chat entry and pops the keyboard.

Server
    US2
    Chars
    Karen Souldancer
    If you add the ability to tap and select names in chat to whisper, please also include add friend, block, invite to party options.

User
    Server
    US3
    Chars
    Aernak, Karametra, Yondalla
    I would like to add votes for copy/pasting text, larger input box, and easier ways to whisper!

I like to send welcome mail to our new guildees and I currently have to log onto PC to copy/paste/send it.

User
    Server
    US3
    Chars
    GroundsKeep Sprout
    without the ability to toggle off some of the chat like if im in a party in a dungeon i want to be able to click off all chat except party so i can focus on my party.

example two im out gathering i want to sell somthing and chat with my guild so i toggle off all chat except auction and guild.

without this the chat box flashes for every message in every area so its just an annoyance.

)0(

Just have a problem with chat popping up where the party list is. If the text was lengthy, it obscures the party list. For a priest this is a problem....i cant see the health bars because of the chat pop up and also i cant click on the party member. My current solution is to turn off chat pop ups but that means i also wouldnt be able to tell what the party are saying. Also i have a problem selecting party members on the party list...when i click on a name it opens a window with several options...i keep clicking on leave party instead of select player. This also takes time...which means its not very convenient when the party member is in need of healing and im taking my time selecting his name on the party list and trying to click select from a list of options while avoiding the leave party option. Its not always easy to click on the player directly when he or she is surrounded by a mob or other players. It would really be easier if i could simply click on the name in the party list and that selects the player right away. Thank you.