Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Thread: Lighting warriors are struggling to keep aggro
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Erwalt
    Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    Okay, I'm really sorry but have you read the original post of this thread? Aernak is a lvl 90 LW with 5rb(or at least 4, not sure), and she listed all what people might say about this ranting and what she had all experienced after the nerf patch.
    Yes I did. And I believe you. I'm just trying to tell that I have never experienced situations like those and I really did a lot of testing.
    This is just one example and it was made after the nerf and before "de-nerf" patch: https://forum.villagersandheroes.com...l=1#post172383

I have a ton of saved data like these, that's why I think aggro works fine and the problem is somewhere else, being it in US3 server or a particular group of players.
    I might be wrong though so sure, some inspection might be needed.

Royal Guardian
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Zazie, Shiny BlueG, Skipperdee, Auntie Social
    I honestly believe that there are two issues frequently at play in these situations:

1. Mobile players can't view the threat charts & so they can't see where the fine line is between holding back just a little bit of damage (just enough to stay under the tank on the threat output chart) and autoattacking. It's either all or nothing with them, IF they're going to do anything beyond the mind-numbingly boring autoattacking.

(In short, group combat requires teamwork. And part of that involves being aware of how threat works and then reacting to changes in aggro.)
    2. Gear.

In Moors, there were some low to mid level lightning warriors that my high level shadow priest could consistently pull aggro from (and then easily keep it!) -- These were also players who IF they were tanking, tended to be incredibly difficult for the healers to keep alive! Their build, their gear (but most likely their gear) was really awful, and it showed...

There's no way of inspecting another player's gear, but you could just tell that chances were good that they were wearing old pieces of gear that really needed to be replaced and/or upgraded. IF their gear was all within 5 levels of their combat, they weren't using sockets and/or didn't have reinforcement runes gnogged onto it. And imo that was what made the biggest difference -- the quality of their gear versus mine!

Poor gear makes a big difference if you're a lightning warrior who wants to do the job you're designed for -- tanking. There were several well-built, well-geared, high lvl lightning warriors that I never stole aggro from in Moors! (And those warriors obviously had an adequate number of threat-generating feats, along with enough expertise to give them fast cooldowns.) Not only could I not steal aggro from them once they had it, but if they joined a fight already in progress, they could quickly get aggro away from me! (Much faster than a lightning warrior who wasn't well-built would have been able to do.)

One thing I've definitely noticed is that when level scaling is in play, even slightly outdated gear really affects things! Lvl 90 lightning warriors wearing all lvl 90 gear have aggro stolen from them far less often than lvl 90 lightning warriors who aren't wearing ONLY lvl 90 gear!

Just sharing a few things that I've observed (from the viewpoint of a dps player)...

A wizard can tank fairly ez with 14 seconds of stun from fire burst and ice aoe stun along with 40% cauterize and 15% prof of lifesteal. You can cycle the two stubs and they can run every 7 seconds. A wizard with adequate defense can hold long enough in a dungeon trial to not need a tank. It takes less than 2 minutes to kill the dungeon elder.
    Last edited by Ainz Ooal Gown; 06.12.2018 at 11:07.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainz Ooal Gown View Post
    A wizard can tank fairly ez with 14 seconds of stun from fire burst and ice aoe stun along with 40% cauterize and 15% prof of lifesteal. You can cycle the two stubs and they can run every 7 seconds. A wizard with adequate defense can hold long enough in a dungeon trial to not need a tank. It takes less than 2 minutes to kill the dungeon elder.
    Interesting, no tank needed huh?

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    soy azeltin, soyos, sophy, Dustbunny
    deleted post because, it will do no good and it will not change anyones mind.
    Last edited by soysauce; 06.12.2018 at 12:53.