Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Thread: New V&H Forum Q&A
    Server
    US3
    Chars
    Eltu, Ivar Otter
    Quote Originally Posted by DaimTest View Post
    This all sounds pretty awesome... One additional Title that I think could be useful - especially for new players on the forum would be Guild Leader... Sometimes new players have a hard time finding a guild leader and you can't see info about guilds unless you're IN a guild. (Sorry for bringing titles up again.)

I can't wait to see (and populate) the new forums!!! Thanks for all the hard work you've done - again, it looks awesome!
    The titles are non-functional by design - that is, they don't designate in-game roles as much as just being pieces of flair (for this reason I have also since removed the village rank ones). With this in mind, I would suggest that designating a guild leader is a good use for your signature, where it can be seen in all your posts.

Not to hard to do. I run well over 100 forums with moderate help on a few.Tis a silly place this mystical land.

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Ekimie, Dutchie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Mann View Post
    Not to hard to do. I run well over 100 forums with moderate help on a few.Tis a silly place this mystical land.
    100? its your day job or what?

Server
    US1
    Chars
    Red Wizard
    Do we really need titles in forums except for Devs and Mods? The only thing I recommend is "user name" and "server". I believe we should not have titles or posts count.

Server
    US3
    Chars
    Eltu, Ivar Otter
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Wizard View Post
    Do we really need titles in forums except for Devs and Mods? The only thing I recommend is "user name" and "server". I believe we should not have titles or posts count.
    Those titles work and display differently. The choosable titles are a subtle small line below your username. Devs and mods have a separate ribbon on their posts entirely, which stands out much more.

I agree we should not have titles or post counts as a way to foster competition, which is why post counts are now not showing on posts, and the titles are not tied to progression at all - it's simply a single list where anyone can choose anything they want. There are no titles granted separately for any reason, everyone can choose between the same

Quote Originally Posted by daimtest View Post
    this all sounds pretty awesome... One additional title that i think could be useful - especially for new players on the forum would be guild leader... Sometimes new players have a hard time finding a guild leader and you can't see info about guilds unless you're in a guild. (sorry for bringing titles up again.)

i can't wait to see (and populate) the new forums!!! Thanks for all the hard work you've done - again, it looks awesome!
    agree

I see your point IVAR
    Kaya Kittyfeathers Priest US1

User
    Server
    US1
    Chars
    Gewel, Smoopie, Brick House
    I didn't see the option to pick village mayor.

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Ekimie, Dutchie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gewel View Post
    I didn't see the option to pick village mayor.
    It is not there. Purposefully there were titles picked that are unrelated to any positions in game