Thread: How To Become A Playtester

How To Become A Playtester

Interested in becoming a playtester for Villagers and Heroes?

We maintain a separate server dedicated solely for the purposes of playtesting. This is where all of our new content and features go first. It gives our most loyal players an opportunity to see what’s coming. In turn, they can let us know, if they choose, what they like or dislike. We want to hear it all — the good, the bad, and the ugly — all comments are welcome.

We have a private section on our forums where we communicate with playtesters. Playtesters are also free to offer suggestions in whatever other manner suits them best (emails, etc.) We believe that listening to the players is the best part of live development. It allows us to build the game that you want to play.

There are no time requirements — however much or little you choose to playtest is entirely up to you. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you would like to apply to be a tester for our game, please visit the Playtest Page on our web site, where you will find a link to an application form.

We welcome new playtesters, and are eager for more of our players to join the Villagers and Heroes ‘Tester Team!’

*Please Note: if you are a Steam player, we will have to ask that you make a new account using our SAC (that you will only use for testing purposes) as our system makes it difficult for Steam users to access test server. You can download the SAC here.

PLEASE NOTE: You must have a forum account, and you must include your forum names on the application
    Last edited by IrishElf; 07.03.2017 at 08:41.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Hey everyone... if you've ever thought of becomming a tester now is the time. Some cool test opportunities coming up fairly soon... sign up and join us in testing.

User
    Server
    EU1
    Chars
    ekimie
    It says it cannot find the page, in Sarah's old post.

Chars
    IrishElf, Rishi, Irish
    Sorry... I didn't realize or I'd have mentioned to Sarah... my bad

User
    Server
    US2
    Chars
    Baltazar
    I would like to confirm that as a steam player I need to have 2 clients, one through steam and the other the stand alone client for the sole purpose of being a tester???
    I assume that we make our own separate directory on the computer for this purpose as well?

Server
    EU1
    Chars
    Majenta, Jena A, Arcola
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltazar View Post
    I would like to confirm that as a steam player I need to have 2 clients, one through steam and the other the stand alone client for the sole purpose of being a tester???
    I assume that we make our own separate directory on the computer for this purpose as well?
    Everyone has a separate client for the test server, even those using the SAC to play. Test server download is effectively a different program. Download just as you would do any program. It will install itself to a new directory just as any game or program would, and will create a new desktop icon if you want.

Edit to add: Sorry I just checked the original post and noticed the final edit there. Yes you will also need to download the normal SAC (or the Android version I assume) and create an account that is separate from your Steam account, which you can then use as your account on the test server.
    Last edited by Majenta; 03.03.2017 at 00:40.
    If at first you do succeed - try not to look surprised!

Find me in game as Majenta EU1

Support : http://www.villagersandheroes.com/co...tomer-support/
    Terms of Service: http://www.villagersandheroes.com/terms-of-service/ and Forum Policies : https://forum.villagersandheroes.com...cement.php?a=2